Any night before rituals?

pmdemey

Mom takes a nap while I get the lists together and two youngest sons will be spending the night at her house with grandpa so that three oldest can go with us and help out. I will probably not sleep from about 3am on Thanksgiving morning til about 1 or 2pm on Friday. I am in charge of the "operation" this year so it will be up to me to change batteries in walkie talkies and to get everyone's list ready of things they are to get. Hopefully for all of my hard work and dedication to the "cause" Santa will be EXTRA nice to me this year!!!LOL

Depending what all is in the sales, either my sister's family stays here or we stay at their house. Usually here, because our Wal-Mart is smaller and we can use competitor's prices there. Thanksgiving night we go through all the ads and make our lists. One year I even bought us matching pajamas on clearance to wear that night. The next morning we're up early and let the guys and kids sleep. We finish at Wal-Mart, go to breakfast at McDonald's and then go on into the bigger towns for the deals that can wait a while.

Turkey and over eating make me sleepy, so I usually take a afternoon nap. Then I can't sleep later because I'm excited about the deals. Struggle to get up early and not really fully awake until the stores open. This happens ever year. Its a BF tradition, I guess.:)