Need a new watch. What would you suggest?

Hey there...I am looking for a new watch...I currently have this:

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7428/p10006728ft.th.jpg

It's a Pulsar watch...I want a new watch...I don't know much about watches...I liked this one because of it's silver and gold color...My price range is <$100...I like the chronograph thing so my new watch should have that...any ideas on a bad ass looking watch???

- Metallica_Band

Watches are pretty subjective... What may be "badass" to you won't be to others. For < $100 you're going to be pretty limited on the name brands. That's not to say you won't be able to find some though.

Watch Zales.com - right now there's a coupon code ($50 off) out there (not sure if I can post it here) and they're always putting watches on sale. And yes the coupon code stacks with the sale price. There's a quartz version in stainless that mirrors the look of one of their Eco-drives that with coupon was $79 or $89. It's now OOS though.

If you see an Eco-Drive or Seiko Kinetic in your price range, that's a very good deal. Just realize that may not be a US model. They may or may not help you with repairs or even with parts. It seems to depend on what CS rep you get when you call. If you're not going to wear it regularly, a kinetic can develop problems.

Personally, I prefer true mechanical watches, but regularly wear kinetics, eco-drives, and perpetuals (auto-winding). I have some, but rarely wear quartz movements. But that's just a personal preference. If you find something you like and want an opinion on it, send me a msg.