Refridgerator and Stove

minendo

Depends on your preferences, but...

Appliances last 10-20 years, so I've gotten more picky and if I can't afford something pretty nice new, I buy used till I can afford exactly what I want.

Appliances used go for pennies on the dollar of the new price, plus you don't have to go into debit hopefully. Or if you do go into debit for used appliances, it's for much less money than new stuff.

Craigslist? Local paper?

Also, if you're buying new, here's a link to a site that lists appliances on sale, bottom right side of the page after you click on the state you live in: http://www.salescircular.com

• 3 weeks later...

sears...sunday nov 13 family and friends...save 10%....they also price match +10% of the difference...You can not beat quality and prices...they always have rebates on free delivery...great financing....

go to www searsholdings.com/familyandfriends to register and get your coupon

If you want to drive over to VA, I've got a Samsung 25 cu ft side by side, I'm eating a $1000 loss on... It won't fit in the hole where it's supposed to go. It's less than 3 years old, steel look, water/ice through the door, digital panel on the front to control it, and twin evaporator system keeping the setting for the fridge separate from the freezer. Asking $500, paid > $1500 Feb 2003 with tax, delivery, etc.

Make sure you check out Sams. You can sometimes find deals there. I bought a small one for a trailer a while back, and paid $129. By small one, I mean it's about the 18 to 20cu ft mark, not the dorm sized ones.

I got our stove and fridge as special order returns (fridge at Lowe's and stove from a local appliance store) When people screw up and order something that doesn't fit, you can get a great price!! Also, floor models, end of year specials and scratch & dent rooms. Our last washing machine was a year-end model from Lowe's. Saved $300 but it turns out that was a BAD year for the washer--it's the Maytag Neptune that has a class-action suit....We just replaced it with a Whirlpool from Costco ($50 rebate and some other coupon I can't remember right now...)

I don't know if you built or bought a pre-existing home. But in a lot of areas, if you build, you can get builder's cost at HHGregg. That is what we did when we built our last home before moving here. We were able to get some really great deals and they let us use any rebates that were going on as well.