So how do they let people in?

znasouri

So how do they let people in, by the 50's , 100's or is it, "OK DOORS OPEN, LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!"???

And do you pretty much already know what you want by the adds, and say, ok, i want this this and this thanx bye, or do you have time to browse around?

Most stores simply open their doors and the long line of people waiting turns into a whole lotta people in the store very quickly. ;)

A few stores, most notably KB Toys (because it's so small), will only allow a small number into the store at once.

Some people have a plan and are in and out; some browse. It's awfully crowded to browse though.

In my past experiences there are 3 things which help maintain the peace and order:

1) Other people in line are NOT going to get you wiggle your way in. That is totally rude, disrespectful and others will not tolerate it when they've been in line for hours.

2) Usually 30 minutes before the store opens they have 2-3 staff outside to help co-ordinate a single file line into the store when it opens.

3) For limited quantity items they hand out tickets so you can claim it. If you really want the $199 laptop and you're 120th in line, you won't get it. If you REALLY want an item, my suggestion is to get there EARLY.

3) For limited quantity items they hand out tickets so you can claim it. If you really want the $199 laptop and you're 120th in line, you won't get it. If you REALLY want an item, my suggestion is to get there EARLY.

Stores like Best Buy do...that has never happened to me at stores like K-Mart, Toys R Us and Sears. But I wholeheartedly agree that if there is something you must have, be one of the first in line and know where in the store your item is. If you are 50 to 100 people back, the store could be out of stock by the time you get inside.

Nice to know, and I'm really excited about this, like I previously said it will be my first experience for Black Friday. I'm used to standing in line for movies, so we'll see how this goes. Hopefuly where ever I go they do hand out some sort of claim ticket because I do plan to be one of the first 20 at least.

BTW, since you brought up whiggleing your way in, have any of you ever gotten a bribe from someone to cut you? I would get really pissed if someone did that to me.

BTW, since you brought up whiggleing your way in, have any of you ever gotten a bribe from someone to cut you? I would get really pissed if someone did that to me.

What a great question, we need more members like you around here :)

These are topics which should be discussed instead of weather or what are you wearing?

This has never happened to me and I wouldn't want it to. Everyone behind you would be mighty pissed.

Nice to know, and I'm really excited about this, like I previously said it will be my first experience for Black Friday. I'm used to standing in line for movies, so we'll see how this goes. Hopefuly where ever I go they do hand out some sort of claim ticket because I do plan to be one of the first 20 at least.

Nope, never. I establish my spot in line (last year I was first in line at Sears!) and people line up behind me. Never had anyone try to get in front of me, by bribing, sneaking, pushing...nothing.

i would NEVER do let anyone get in front of me like that. to the back of the line! i woke my behind up, freezing outside for hours, you aren't paying your way to the front of the line.

Guest DigDoug

What a great question, we need more members like you around here :)

These are topics which should be discussed instead of weather or what are you wearing?

This has never happened to me and I wouldn't want it to. Everyone behind you would be mighty pissed.

Ohhh... so our topics aren't good enough huh? :mad:

Depend on the store. My KB Toys only allows 10 people in at a time. When someone checks out, the next person in line comes in . Very organized and effecient. This is why you want to be the first 10 in line. Get your items and get out to the next store on your list.

So how do they let people in, by the 50's , 100's or is it, "OK DOORS OPEN, LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!"???

And do you pretty much already know what you want by the adds, and say, ok, i want this this and this thanx bye, or do you have time to browse around?

We have a 24-hour Super Wal-Mart, so anyone can come inside at any time. However, the BF items are off-limits until 6 a.m. Lines form around the items which are scattered throughout the store and most often are not even located in the same department. For items such as TVs and computers, people are given tickets and then after they are paid for you can drive around to the back of the store to get them loaded. Others, like the GameCube 2 years ago, you had to get at the checkout counter and then take it directly to your car without going back through the store.

I generally get there between 3 and 4 a.m. to scope out where the items are located (last year even the employees didn't know where some of the items were going to be located at that time), put my PM items in my cart and then go to the line where I think the item will vanish quickest (usually electronics). I was 1st in line last year for the TV/DVD combo. :D Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to come with me to get in more than 1 line at a time since my husband stays home with the kids. :(