XBOX 360 Question

SBC2004

New to this forum... hey all!

Wondering if anyone thinks there could be any XBOX360 BF deals out there... i am sure no systems on sale, but maybe games, accessories etc?

Also, I am yet to order the new XBOX... any chance w/o a preorder I'd be able to get one before December?

Love BF as much as you all...

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think you really have to camp out for xbox360. Unless MS runs into some logistics or supply chain problems, they 'll have enough ready for thanksgiving... unless they want to postpone their release plan altogether till christmas

talking about 360, which games are you planning to buy??

and since 360 is coming out, i guess there 'll be good deals on the old xbox making it a good gift to buy...

the console probably won't see a price drop until the nintendo revolution and ps3 are released sometime next year, but that will depend on their pricing as well.

as for accessories and games, there could possibly be some deals on them, but i wouldn't count on it too much. you will find plenty of original xbox deals though i'm sure.

I dont think you really have to camp out for xbox360. Unless MS runs into some logistics or supply chain problems, they 'll have enough ready for thanksgiving... unless they want to postpone their release plan altogether till christmas

IMO, they'd be better off releasing limited quantities right now, unless the console really isn't worth it. ps2 took this strategy, and it worked wonders for them. the xbox hasn't really had all that much going for it, with the exception of the halo craze, so releasing them in limits for a while could help them out there. if the console isn't really worth it, however, they'd be better off releasing them now with their wait lists and preorders.

Wondering if anyone thinks there could be any XBOX360 BF deals out there... i am sure no systems on sale, but maybe games, accessories etc?

Also, I am yet to order the new XBOX... any chance w/o a preorder I'd be able to get one before December?

If you didn't preorder one before August your chance of getting one is pretty slim. Pre orders on ebay are going for $650 to $800 if that tells you anything. Only chance is to find a store that didn't do preorders and be in line EARLY. I preordered 3 in June. 1 for hubby and 2 to sell on Ebay to the people that can't get them and will pay out the nose lol. That will be my BF money. Looks like it will be a good Christmas shopping year this year based on what they already go for. Rumor is the Nov 22nd shipment will be the only one before Christmas. Hope you find one

Mara

No way there is a deal for the XBOX 360, is going to be hard to get it for suggested retail, much less at a discount.

RC_WC

I agree. Check what people are paying a month before release on ebay for a preorder now. I got mine back in June. I don't forsee and deals on them this year. Accesiories as well. To new a product they don't have to offer deals to move the stuff

Mara

The only way to get one now would be wait in line at Target or WM, as they dont do pre-orders. But be prepared for a long line, and to wait a long time. As for deals, no way. There wont be any systems, so they cant sell them if tehy dont have them.

Walmart took preorders this time. Not sure about target

Mara

talking about 360, which games are you planning to buy??

and since 360 is coming out, i guess there 'll be good deals on the old xbox making it a good gift to buy...

They have already announced a supply problem. Every store was told they would get X amount. They have all already sold those via preorder. The rumor is the Nov 22nd shipment will be the only one before Christmas. We all know they love to do this to cause a freenzy

Mara

any idea how much these are going for this year??? I have a feeling my son will be waiting until his Birthday this year!:xlbirthda

They are $399 if you can find one on release day. You had to pre order them a while ago. Now I see your Army. The PX did not taqke preorders so if your in line early enough you can get one there on release day Nov 22nd

Mara

They are $399 if you can find one on release day. You had to pre order them a while ago. Now I see your Army. The PX did not taqke preorders so if your in line early enough you can get one there on release day Nov 22nd

Mara

any idea if they will have any games with them? At least I wouldn't have to pay tax at the PX! Thanks for the info!!!!!:jester:

XBOX 360 will be released 1201 AM 22 Nov 2005. Contact your local Wal-Mart, Best Buy..... for the midnight release of XBOX 360.

TBONE

If anyone is looking for deals on XBOX360, like it has alread been said, it will be hard to find one if you haven't already preordered one. But, my husband and I were up at GameStop the other day and asked about any kind of deals they would be having on the 360 when it is released and the associate said all he can tell us is that they are going to have a deal to the effect of, if you trade in your old XBOX and certain XBOX games (in one transaction) they will give you a good bit off the 360. Don't know how much "a good bit" is, but I do know last year they had a similar sale, you could trade in your PS2 and certain games and get the XBOX for dirt cheap (don't remeber how much). Hope that might help someone :)

do they have an xbox deals for this bf?

If you are talking about the regular Xbox...so far NO. Walmart has one for $149 but only w/ one game in their ad. To me that's not a good deal. We got ours 2 years ago and it was $179 w/ 3. Need to replace it because our kids broke it and have been keeping an eye out but so far haven't liked what I am seeing.

Ok here is what I know about the xbox. Target here in fort worth texas, (i assume most targets all around) will be opening at 6am on the 22nd they will hand out tickets and supposedly depending on the target and the volume of customers there, Target is to recieve between 25 to 50 xbox 360's. THis is good for those of us who have someone who badly wants the xbox, and you forgot to preorder (they should have both the 299 package (just the system) and the deluxe package which is 399) Now, BEst buy, however is opening up at MIDNIGHT on the 21/22 whichever you want to call it. THey will open up and sell the xbox that morning/night, again however you want to call it. The way I see it again it's awesome because if I can't get one at Best Buy I have a second chance at Target! Just remember don't trample the pregnant lady on BF or on those days, I'm only trying to make my husband happy before the new baby takes the system away completely :) lol Thats the only information I know about the sales.I know nothing about anyone having accessories for BF but I'll tell you something, I would stand in line going through labor to buy it if it was on sale on BF! (im sure someone at that point would just hand me one)but its the point. My husband really wants this system, and for some reason I'm determined to get it, (might be because we lost alot of our stuff due to hurricane Katrina!, we wont have to replace the other stuff if I get him the new stuff! so to be honest it worked out for us)

If anyone is looking for deals on XBOX360, like it has alread been said, it will be hard to find one if you haven't already preordered one. But, my husband and I were up at GameStop the other day and asked about any kind of deals they would be having on the 360 when it is released and the associate said all he can tell us is that they are going to have a deal to the effect of, if you trade in your old XBOX and certain XBOX games (in one transaction) they will give you a good bit off the 360. Don't know how much "a good bit" is, but I do know last year they had a similar sale, you could trade in your PS2 and certain games and get the XBOX for dirt cheap (don't remeber how much). Hope that might help someone :)

But at game stop if you didnt order it already, you wont get it before christmas.

Mara

There are two packages one is 299 and one is 399. I've been told the 399 is a good deal though. It will include quite a bit for the extra 100 dollars.

Walmart took preorders this time. Not sure about target

Mara

My walmart didnt take preorders, so I assume here in Fort Worth they will sell on that day as well.I'm not going to try there though. I'll be giving walmart enough of my money on BF, I'm not gunna add to it with this item. I don't like Walmart to be honest, but they just have cheap stuff. THere ppl are mean though, so I try my hardest not to shop there as little as possible. but when it comes to christmas you have to go for the best deals :/