Office Depot giving $5 back in Rewards for any recycled ink or toner cartridges

Rockfordmom

do you just take the cartridges in or is there a coupon or something?

Only valid this week Jan 9 - 15, 2011

Wondering that to. Just pulled up their ad and looks like you have to be a member of their Worklife Rewards or Star Teacher program. Also looks like they don't issue you the credit right away, but give it to you in the form of a gift card at the end of the quarter?? Still not bad, have to see how many I can raid from my office.

you just take the cartridges in, no coupon needed

you do need to be part of their rewards program, sorry I didn't mention that, it's just a points type of cards that they scan every time you go in there and earn rewards. They send you a giftcard with your rewards that you earn a couple times a year

Instead of the $2 they usually do (not sure when they went from $3 to $2 ??) and they limit you up to 20 per month instead of the 3 or 5 per day limit they used to have, this week only.

I can't even begin to state how I feel about the new "limits and restrictions" to this program. They are as bad as Staples! I don't shop either place anymore because of it. Not even for the penny Back to School deals.

I quit shopping at Office Depot after they messed me up with my rewards twice in a row. And it does no good to argue or fight with them, so I've given up. In order to actually recieve any of the awards you have to make purchases with them. Since I'm not buying from them, it wouldn't do me any good to turn in the cartridges, they'd just mess me up again!

I'm now shopping at Office Max.

I do have a receipt showing all 20 cartridges, but the description of each one entered is:

PROMO DISC $OFF -0.01

The receipt doesn't say anything about the promotion. I've never done this before, so don't know if that is the norm. Clerk at the front said that was correct, but not sure she even understood my question. Is that how your receipt looks too?

I do have a receipt showing all 20 cartridges, but the description of each one entered is:

PROMO DISC $OFF -0.01

The receipt doesn't say anything about the promotion. I've never done this before, so don't know if that is the norm. Clerk at the front said that was correct, but not sure she even understood my question. Is that how your receipt looks too?

Yes, that's how the receipt always looks.