Looks like good news for toy sales on BF....

outnumbered

...of course, the reason for it is sad (Katrina):

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/11/toys.cutback.ap/index.html

Toy retailers, preparing for a difficult season, plan big discounts and other promotions.

"It's going to be extremely competitive to draw customers to their stores," said Jim Silver, editor-in-chief of Toy Wishes, a trade publication.

Price wars are already under way. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. began by slashing prices up to 30 percent on toys including the latest version of Hasbro Inc.'s electronic pet Furby, and Fisher-Price's "Shout" Dancing Elmo. Toys R Us Inc. responded by lowering its prices.

(there is more to the story in the link)

Wow, it's sad for the reasoning, but good that everybody will be able to get a "deal".

I'm not sure if that's the true reasoning or not, but over the years toys in general have been down, as most kids now want electronic stuff like video games, ipods, dvd players, etc.

I'm not sure if that's the true reasoning or not, but over the years toys in general have been down, as most kids now want electronic stuff like video games, ipods, dvd players, etc.

Older kids, maybe, but my kids haven't asked for anything like that. They are still all about the toys! :D (They turn 2, 4, and 6 this fall/winter)

I have to buy tons of toys for christmas every year. I buy for:

My son

My daughter

My identical twin nieces

My nephew

My best friend's son and 2 daughters

**BF is so important for this reason alone! With the great early morning deals, I can afford to get great gifts for the kids

I have to buy tons of toys for christmas every year. I buy for:

My son

My daughter

My identical twin nieces

My nephew

My best friend's son and 2 daughters

**BF is so important for this reason alone! With the great early morning deals, I can afford to get great gifts for the kids

Yep! I have my 3 kids and two nephews to buy Christmas gifts for. Then one nephew and my oldest child have birthdays the week after Christmas. So I'm buying up the toy store too LOL. Those "early bird" specials are what saves Christmas around here.

I hear ya. My best friend doesn't have much money as her husband left her (a whole story in itself). No support. Just skipped out. So my husband and I try to help out. She gets mad at us for buying so much, but its not the kids fault. Every cent I spend on those kids is worth it. Love them as if they were my own. Of course they stay with us every other week end so they mind as well. Haha

I bought tons of video games for my son last year, but this year Im not. I don't want him sitting on his butt 24/7!! Haha. Im trying to get other items for him besides that. Though its hard. Hes really not into anything new this year. He will be 11

Elena, same here with Beorn, my 12 year old son. Are there any new hot outdoor use products this year? Like rollerblades or the Razor scooter was when they first came out?