Has anyone had good look with LED icicle lights?

We used our LED icicle lights from Kmart last year (2008)and this year (2009) they were all rusty and half of the sets didn't work??? (Trim a Home brand) I purchased the Philips from Target this year at 75% off but wondered if they will do the same thing after one year....it won't be a bargain at 75% off if they all rust again in one year? My husband thinks it is because they are not using copper wire in them and using steel instead???? Just wondered if I am wasting my $$$ TIA

No, I don't think so. I usually bring them in and lay them out for a few days and then pack them in a rubbermaid container. We had other sets of regular icicle lights (not LED) from previous years and never had any problems and I am sure I didn't do anything different. I definitely will keep that in mind for future packing up of outside things...thanks.

OMG are I just realized I put good "look" instead of good luck....I haven't felt well and I guess it shows lol. Yes the lights are more expensive and we have a long house so we use a lot and I had never seen a set rust before these either.... I guess the saying that they don't make things like they used to may be true in this case.

• 6 months later...
Thanks, I had purchased mine that rusted from Kmart a couple of years ago. I can't believe it but after writing to corp. and talking to Kmart, they gave me a gift card for the sets that were rusted which was appreciated. I bought some from Target after Xmas this year for 75% off....I am keeping my fingers crossed, saved my receipt in case! My husband thinks it is because they are not using copper in them and are using steel at least in those sets and with our weather here, that is the problem.