How Do You Pay for Items On BF?

elena_398

I bought a little carry case that fits into my pocket. I can fit my debit/charge card and id, and some cash. My husband feels better about me going out now. He was worried about me standing in line at 2 in the morning with a purse. I can understand that though

We usually use cash. But put most everything on Lay - A _ Way at Walmart because they are usually bigger items or all the toys and gadgets that we don't want the kids to find. This way we can pay it all off except for a few dollars to hold it on lay a way and then we do not need to go and pick it up until it is pretty close to Christmas!! We use them as our hiding spot and we dont have to have everything cluttering the house or trying to stay hidden from little eyes for a month!

:razz: Credit all the way. Fortunately we pay our cc off every month so I treat it as a free loan and I get cash back on my purchases. I am always aware of how much I have spent and my husband checks the cc account online all the time. He will question any charges outside of the norm so it's a little check and balance system on me. Plus, if I change my mind on items, I can return them before the end of the bill cycle without ever taking a hit on my cash flow.

Thats great if you can pay it off every month. Something always comes up where I can't do that so thats why I opt to use debit from checking and/or cash. Never fails. We buy something saying we'll pay it off when the bill comes in. In the mean time, something happens with the car or house. Then we get the extra charges. RIght now its paid off, but I will use it if I have too

We use our credit card for everyday purchases at the gas station, grocery store, etc...so BF isn't anything different to us. Our trick it to always stay on budget and have a healthy savings account to back us up for life's little emergencies. It took a long time to get to this point but it's wonderful to be here. That said, I don't get to go hog wild. We have an Xmas budget and I have to stick to it or risk not being able to do other things we have planned. Oh and the wrath of hubby who hates watching the money go out no matter how much is coming in.

I use my debit card...It's much easier to use. I don't use a credit card any more. A couple of years ago, I would say "I'll charge it and pay off next month"...I never did...lol...once I got that credit card paid off, I said "never again". I'm a compulsive shopper and I can't handle the responsiblity of a credit card...lol...so debit card for me all the way.

We usually use cash. But put most everything on Lay - A _ Way at Walmart because they are usually bigger items or all the toys and gadgets that we don't want the kids to find. This way we can pay it all off except for a few dollars to hold it on lay a way and then we do not need to go and pick it up until it is pretty close to Christmas!! We use them as our hiding spot and we dont have to have everything cluttering the house or trying to stay hidden from little eyes for a month!

That's what we do as well.

I charge everything Its faster and easier then carrying cash and safer too

last year it seemed a LOT slower--I used my debit card for everything and the wait time at Wal Mart timed out while trying to get it approved--that's why I'm using Cash this year!!

I use a credit card all the time. Easy to dispute in case of any disagreements or anything like that. But, I'll also carry cash out in different pockets so I can buy a couple of thigns that involve only one rebate per household. Give a friend the money to pay for it, then he just hands me the rebate and copy of the receipt for me to deal with.

I work at a bank, so I have a seperate checking account just for christmas shopping, it doesn't earn interest, but come with a free visa check card. I have money auto transferred into the account every paycheck and then I don't have to worry. A great thing about debit cards is that they are guarenteed like cc. It is pretty easy to dispute fraudulant charges and you can close it immediately over the phone if you lose it.(unlike if you were to lose your checkbook!!) Plus, if you go to visaextras.com you can enroll your debit card to earn points!!!

Carrie