Amazon Subscribe and Save -- WARNING! And customer service experience.

I recently put diapers and pull-ups on subscribe and save with Amazon. The two day free shipping, and the percentage saved makes it a time and money saver for me. My daughter only occasionally uses pullups so I have them on the longer time in between getting them. However with her being sick lately she has been taking medicine and sleeping a little more soundly than usual and has had the occasional accident in her sleep.

I checked Amazon a few days ago and they were shipping around the 21st which would be fine with 2 day shipping to get here in time for us to need more. I checked last last night to make sure they would be here before the Christmas holiday and the tracking showed they would not be here till December 29th! :eyepoppin

I went through and looked and it showed it shipped standard shipping. I assumed it would have stayed on 2 day shipping like the original order was. I knew I never went in and changed the shipping. I contacted customer service and got a reply a little bit ago.

WARNING!!! The first order on your account will ship 2 day shipping if you have Amazon prime. If you don't go change the shipping the rest will ship standard shipping! So be sure to go in and change it!

Now, with that said, let me show you yet another reason why I LOVE Amazon. Read the full response they sent me and the AMAZING customer service!

Hello,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please note that, all Subscribe & Save orders ship for free using standard shipping. If you are an Amazon Prime customer, your first shipment will be sent for free using two-day shipping and subsequent shipments will use standard shipping.

I apologize if this wasn't clear at the time you signed up for your subscription. The details of our Subscribe & Save program are posted on our website here:

http://www.amazon.com/help/subscribeandsave

Further, I understand that you'd like to receive these Huggies Pull-Ups Training Pants, immediately. To correct the situation, I've placed a new order for you at no charge. Here are the details:

Order Number: xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx

Shipping Speed: One-Day Shipping

Estimated Delivery Date: December 24, 2010

There's no need to return the original package when you receive it. Please keep them as a goodwill gesture. I hope this helps! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your recent inquiry.

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:

If no, please click here:

Best regards,

Prashanth Kalwa

Amazon.com

Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Edited by MandaJo111

Wow! Great customer service. I'm so glad they are shipping them out for you now and at no cost.

They could have said something sarcastic like "It states this policy here, why didn't you look harder for it" :rolleyes: But.. they didn't, they saw that their wording wasn't clear and took responsibility for it and because of this will keep you as a customer.

Add me to the I <3 Amazon list. They always come through and I always end up BETTER off when THEY screw up, which is how it should be AND they haven't screwed up that often..I checked my yearly total a few weeks ago and I was at 108 orders for 2010...(orders not items!) I've had to call customer service ONCE...when "I" broke my Kindle and they sent a replacement, paid shipping AND return shipping on my new Kindle. When I got my new one it did not have the wall adapter charger....I called they apoligized and overnighted me a charger free of charge (actually the wall adapter AND another USB cord!) AND credited my account $10 for no reason :D

• 2 weeks later...
Oh my word the same thing happened to me with my diapers last week! My first 2 orders shipped in 2 days so when they were being shipped on the 21st I thought great they will be here by Christmas because I will need them around that time. Then I got my shipment notice and it says would arrive around the 28th.....um noooo. Sat on the phone for a long time and got no where. All he told me to do was order another package and do the prime shipping and if the other package arrives in time then I could just return it. Well wouldn't you know both packages arrived at the same time. I definitely didn't need 2 packages so I emailed them to ask them how I do the return because it even stated on the webpage that it qualified for free 365 day returns. Well she replied back and said you can't return diapers....... ok I understand that but it's listed on that specific web page and the box isn't even opened. So she ended up just crediting me the price of the box of diapers. Kind of silly because I called before my 1st box even shipped out but it was in the status that they couldn't change anything, it was in that holding pattern. So I got a free box out of the deal and NO WHERE could I find that your shipping status changes to standard shipping and they couldn't tell me either where it said it. Still doesn't make sense as my first 2 orders shipped prime..

I didn't know Amazon did this. I'm going to look in to it for toilet paper I just want to make sure it is a good deal. I get annoyed with the toilet paper companies, Mega Roll, Large Roll, Ultra Roll! Ugh! Just give me one or two roll sizes. I don't want to stand in front of the toilet paper and use algebra to figure out the best deal with toilet paper. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
Guest bluecamel1913
One of the reasons I have an Amazon credit card is because the customer service is so good, as are the prices, as is the selection, as is everything. I can't say enough good things about Amazon.