Playstation2 ? about Black Friday

Lavendargirl

The advance games DO fit in the SP. There are no special games for the SP. It just folds in half and has a backlit screen. Only difference there is. And I highly suggest you go with the SP, so much better system!

ITA! My son has both, and the SP plays all of the Advance games, as well as older Game Boy Color games.

The built in rechargeable battey in the SP rules!

My 12 year old son has been very patient about gaming systems. He has several of the Gameboy hand-held systems, a Sega Dreamcast with very limited games (terrific system, I wish games were still made for it!), and a Gamecube. He's now at an age where I am willing to get him a newer system, and he seems to prefer the Playstation 2 and it's selection of games. But, I hear the Playstation 3 is coming out soon. Should I wait? Is it that big a difference in the system for a teen? Beorn (ds) has not expressed interest in it at all, but I don't think he even knows about it.

Yep, the GBA SP is completely backwards compatible. Even original gameboy games fit into it, and I've played a Gameboy color game on the SP several times( I got hooked on the HP chamber of secrets game for awhile, LOL)

The SP is awesome, the rechargeable battery is my favorite part.

There is going to be a Nintendo DS special package offered here at the end of the month. It will come in Teal and Pink (hard to find) for $149.99 and it will include the special color DS, Nintendogs (a special version) and Nintendogs skin for the DS. It will be really popular and of course DS will play all Gameboy advance games. With that in mind, I think there will be alot of Gameboy Advance Sp specials, they will still want people to buy it. Hope this helps alittle. I am via for the pink version for my daughter but it seems to be only offered at two places and TRU being one, they are charging $30 over retail price...Jill (MT)

Unless you want to spend a fortune on a PS3, go with the PS2. The new one wont be out until next year anyways. And from BF to Christmas, you can get awesome bundle deals from EB games, gamestop, places like that. I know TRU has some too.

Thanks Crissy! Are the deals better online, or should I go to b&m stores for them?

I see no reason to put the PS2 at a great sale price. Video game hardware does not traditionally go on sale on BF. Those who want to buy a system will usually be willing to pay the entire MSRP, regardless of what day it is. Like Brad said, there might be a free game/accessory/gift card offer, but I really don't see any worthwhile sales on any home console hardware (GBA / GBA SP might be a different story).

-Mark-

Yep, the gameboys have always been backwards compatible. There is only 1 game that cannot be played on te SP...Kirby's tilt n tumble. Other than that, you can play the very 1st GB game you ever owned on them. Thats a huge part of the appeal! And like has been said before, dont expect a super deal on the system alone, but you may find a good deal on a bundle pack.