Upset with JC Pennys

Elmck

Checked the website of my local store on Tuesday and it said they opened at 8:00 AM. Called the store on Tuesday ( they had been leaving messages for me to pick up an order) Told them I checked their website and saw they were open at 8 and I would be there when the doors opened to picked up my order, gave my name etc... Went there this morning checked the sign on the door it also said they opened at 8:00. The"manager" said sorry it's a misprint we don't open till 9:00. If I did not need that order for a gift I would so cancel. I live 45 minutes away and its 20 minutes out of my way to work. I have to be at work by 9:00. I e mailed corporate but all I have heard so far is they are busy and will try to get back to me in a few days.

So beware if you check the website or the card on the door of your Pennys they might not mean what they say!!

I called the Pharmacy at Walmart the other day.. I think it was a Saturday.. it was 7:15pm when I called and asked if the pharmacy was still open so I could pick up a prescription that had been on order. I was told that the pharmacy was open until 8:00 pm so I drove over there.. it's all of 6 miles and took less than 15 minutes from the time I called. I get there and the pharmacy had closed at 6. I was SO MAD! It seems that the person I talked to when I called didn't bother to check the schedule she just gave me the weekday schedule and forgot it was a Saturday. When I called back to complain I was promptly informed that they would not connect me to the pharmacy because it had closed at 6, that ticked me off even more because even if it was closed I could have been trying to do a refill for the next day through the automated system.

There seems to be more and more of that. I know I needed a bunch of lunch meat for a deli spread I was doing so I called walmart to see when the deli closed. At that point we only had one vehicle and I had to wait till DH got home from work to go up there. They told me they closed at 8. I got there at 7:02 and they were closed. The lady behind the counter was cleaning up and closing stuff down and told me that they already closed up for the night and couldn't get the meat cutter back out as it was already cleaned and put up.

I had her get the manager up there. He said that since they were slow he had indeed told them they could close down early (which is just stupid imo.) But he had her get the machine out and cut it anyway. And I am soooo glad I could watch her every step of the way because I am sure if she was out of sight she would have spit on my food. lol

I am really sorry you had such a bad experience. I can't imagine a store sign, store employee the day before and the website all three being wrong. Something is wrong there.

if jcp is in a mall, jcp could get fined 500$ for not opening up when they say they are going to be open...might wanna call the mall office and complain! the mall doesn't take to kindly to their renters NOT opening up. I know here, if they don't open up or are late they are fined!

if jcp is in a mall, jcp could get fined 500$ for not opening up when they say they are going to be open...might wanna call the mall office and complain! the mall doesn't take to kindly to their renters NOT opening up. I know here, if they don't open up or are late they are fined!

Thanks I took your advice and emailed the Mall this Pennys is located in.