Who hates Wal-mart's pallet rules?

hpowers

I live in a small town and Wal mart is the only place to go for the BF buys. I take my older kids (make it a family fun for all) and we station ourselves around the store so when the pallets are unwrapped, we are usually in the vicinity to get the items we want. I get extra's so I can swap with other friends through out the store who were not able to get everything that they wanted.

Our Walmart has everything on Pallets too but they are not covered. But it makes it horrible to try to get through with all of the other people. A trick is to go in and then cut through the clothing dept and you usually come out in a good spot to get ahead of the pack! :o) Most of the people seem to stay in the main isles and then they get all bottled up and can't get to the other parts of the store.....

This is my trick too!! Stash my cart in the clothing and dash to the pallet I need stuff from. Works great!!! There's usually more than one of us, so one person can "guard the goods" while the other grabs more goodies! :D

I guess they don't mark the pallets to avoid a million people standing around the "best one" and a huge mob scene when they try to uncover it. They would rather we run wildly around the store!? But in all honesty it's bad enough when you're just guessing what's under there, can you imagine the brawling if it was posted? Though I think it's unfair at the 24/7's because people come in last minute and push their way into the crowd around a pallet vs. EVERYONE lined up outside untill the doors open.

Im amazed at the hostility on here towards walmart.....I work there and have for 7 years, and things have changed over the years.

At the store Im at now we premake a map for customers, we keep items wrapped in black shrink wrap but label them with paper that morning so customers can line up and first come first serve.

As for our TVs they're usually pull tickets and ppl line up for the tickets to be sure they have one.

Things like the gameboys are just put behind the sporting goods desk and handed out.

usually goes fairly smooth, Im hoping for a fight though......

being that this year it starts at 5AM I am goin in at 4AM we're a 24 hour super center and only close on Xmas. we allow customers to come in n browse prior, and lineup when they feel like it for any BF item

The walmart here isn't 24 hours, so everything is out and opened when we run in..the stuff is put around the store randomly though :)

Ours was like this...and I think I am gonna like it that way better...and next year may end up in Yuma instead of Indio. We shall see.

Well if you think of things from walmarts standpoint, leaving the stores open makes sense. People will be browsing and buying items not on sale driving up sales. Walmart of course would like to have enough items for everyone to get what they want but that is not possible realistically. People will buy normal priced items to make up for the small margins on the blitz items.