Most Organized BF store in your Experience?

elena_398

I always hear so many horror stories on how unorganized and chaotic stores are on BF. Is there a store in your opinion that is organized and ready for all the business? last year I was so impressed by my KB Toy store. They only let 10 people in at a time. Had foot prints on the floor basically showing you had you had to walk through the store (so there wasn't people running everywhere). All clerks worked that day and you were "assigned" a worker who asked for your list and got everything for you. So all you had to do is walk around w/ the foot prints (haha) and see if you wanted anything else. Store opened at 5am and I was out of there by 5:15am. (I was 3rd in line). I just hope its the same manager and workers this year! Made by experience great.

Can't think of a best, though last year coincidentally enough our KB was the worst!! They need your manager!! KB store aisles are traditionally so small that you have trouble getting two people past each other with strollers on a normal day. But our KB let everyone in, then half the stuff was up high on a shelf where you couldn't reach or find it, and the sales people had no idea what was on sale. That should be a given on BF. Best Buy is usually a hassle too, not because of organization, but because of the amount of people, if you don't go in and grab what you want and immediately go to a register, you could be there for hours, the lines go to the back of the store.

Actually I do remember a best, though it won't be that way this year. We had a new Circuit City (that everyone will think about this year). They had chairs outside for you to sit in, they brought orange juice coffee and donuts, and gave away free backpacks (wasn't their BF deal they just did it, they were like xbox or something). The salespeople came outside before it opened and asked you what you were looking for, and told you where in the store it was. I think because it was new not many people went there, but they will this year.

Can't think of a best, though last year coincidentally enough our KB was the worst!! They need your manager!! KB store aisles are traditionally so small that you have trouble getting two people past each other with strollers on a normal day. But our KB let everyone in, then half the stuff was up high on a shelf where you couldn't reach or find it, and the sales people had no idea what was on sale. That should be a given on BF. Best Buy is usually a hassle too, not because of organization, but because of the amount of people, if you don't go in and grab what you want and immediately go to a register, you could be there for hours, the lines go to the back of the store.

Actually I do remember a best, though it won't be that way this year. We had a new Circuit City (that everyone will think about this year). They had chairs outside for you to sit in, they brought orange juice coffee and donuts, and gave away free backpacks (wasn't their BF deal they just did it, they were like xbox or something). The salespeople came outside before it opened and asked you what you were looking for, and told you where in the store it was. I think because it was new not many people went there, but they will this year.

The only time I've ever been to Best Buy on BF, It wasn't that great of a trip. Circuit City is a great great place to go on BF, they know how to help just like you explained.

Thanks for the story. :yelclap:

With the last remaining KB Toy Store in the area just recently bought by "Go! The Game Store", I guess I won't be able to check that out for myself (though I've never been inclined to go to KB on BF in the past). Best Buy is pseudo-organized. They think they have everything in control, but really don't, at least around here. They do a good job of letting you know where the end of the line is (last year they had an employee who simply held a bunch of balloons at the end of the line). But once you reach the front, they have someone tell you to go to a specific checkout line before the person there has finished. So in 2003, I was stuck behind someone who couldn't find her credit card, had to have the cashier look up her Reward Zone information, and then actually bought the PRP for something she had (which took like 5 minutes). Meanwhile, people who were 10 spots behind me in line were already in their car. Also, last year, their registers seemed to go offline very frequently.

Being in a densely populated city, it's tough for any big store to be organized on BF around here. My most civil experiences have happened at Radio Shack, Target, and Staples, but that's because I've always hit those stores last, when the crowds are significantly smaller.

-Mark-

Our little Ace hardware store is pretty neat. They have tables and shelves of all the BF items right when you walk in and some right outside the door also. They even open before the posted 7AM they are supposed to.

Staples is another one that is well laid out, IMO.

Guest Deals4Me
Organized? none yet.... Walgreens maybe? Cause no one was there. Target was a mess... Kmart sucked on sales anyways. Walmart...dear gawd.

• 2 weeks later...

For me it seems to be Target. They usually have what I am looking for, no one is killing each other, and the items seem to be where they BELONG.

I agree completely. The last two years on BF the Targets here have put the big ticket hot sale items in carts already for their customers, so all you would have to do is come in and get a cart with the item(s) already in them and finish your shopping.

I agree with Staples being very well organized; I went to the one in the small town I spent Thanksgiving in; I got there probably close to 6am; there were a few people there, not too many, and most of the big sale items were prominently displayed on a big table at the front of the store; an associate came up to me and asked me what I was looking for; we picked it up, and then she walked me to a cash register. Kinda weird in a way that they didn't seem to want to let me shop anymore, but I was literally out the door in less than five minutes. I got several things there last year, including the flat panel monitor.

Walgreens as well worked out great. It wasn't AS easy to find stuff in there as it was in my Staples, but it was not very crowded, and I gues being smaller it was easier to find stuff. They also had some very good deals that weren't in the flyer, such that I ended up buying some stuff I didn't initially go in to purchase (which I think is the whole point of having these door busters, isn't it? To get you into the store to buy other items!). Last year I remember specifically buying the small lighted Christmas tree for something like $10, and the electric knife.

IThey only let 10 people in at a time. Had foot prints on the floor basically showing you had you had to walk through the store (so there wasn't people running everywhere).

That's my vote too! Ours let in about 15 at a time and there were 2 police officers - one at each entrance/exit to make sure everything was going smoothly. Every register had someone there waiting to check you out as well as clerks that were at the beginning of each aisle to make sure you found what you wanted.

They also had a clerk that would go outside the store and announce when one of the BF items was sold out. That way, if you were still in line and that's the only thing you had wanted, you could go ahead and leave.

The BestBuy near me is so crowded on BF they print store maps!The location of the palletmountains are highlighted. Nearly the entire staff is outside with the customers handing out vouchers for hot-ticket items that ensure you get at least one supersale item.When the vouchers are gone so is the store stock! Saves some dissapointment.

Dont get me wrong "ITS A ZOO" --One year it rained and the only thing I ever got for Free from BB was the umbrellas they handed out!

To answer the Thread--Staples is always the most organized! All the Hot-Sale-Stuff is right up front.Grab and go or Grab and get online and the sales help will retrieve anything else you wish!