when should i get there?

yakinhix

The only thing I want from BB on BF is the Nook, but both of the BB stores closest to me are 35 and 40 miles away. Since I dont think there is a chance that I could be lucky enough to get the Nook online, what time do you all recommend I get there? Unfortunately I will be by myself because the DH has to work so I dont have anyone to go shopping with me, (he's happy he is working) and I do have a couple of other stores I need to make it to.

When to show up depends greatly on the location of the particular store. Here in the middle of Arizona (Prescott), if you aren't on line by 2pm Thanksgiving day then you will NOT be getting any doorbuster item. (That is if the previous 6 years are any indication)

When to show up depends greatly on the location of the particular store. Here in the middle of Arizona (Prescott), if you aren't on line by 2pm Thanksgiving day then you will NOT be getting any doorbuster item. (That is if the previous 6 years are any indication)

Same here. I don't DO Best Buy. ;)

I completely agree. It has a lot to do with WHERE you are located. Some locations near me they start lining up Monday or Tuesday night. The place I go to is in a mall and mall security will call the police if anyone lines up before Thursday morning, but if you are not there early, you will not get anything. The time you need to get there also gets earlier each year. Years ago I used to get there at 5:30pm and get doorbusters, at this point I usually get there by 8am and if security chases me away I park in the neighboring lot until they let people start lining up. Do your recon and know what time the lines form in your location.

Did my first round of recon today.

Thanks everybody, guess I wont be getting the one from BB unless Im lucky enough to score it online because I am NOT standing in line that long. I shop BF every year and have never stood in line and have always been lucky enough to get the items Im after. Good luck to everyone and hope you all get what you want.

Thanks everybody, guess I wont be getting the one from BB unless Im lucky enough to score it online because I am NOT standing in line that long. I shop BF every year and have never stood in line and have always been lucky enough to get the items Im after. Good luck to everyone and hope you all get what you want.

Hope you get the Nook you want. For only a $50 savings it hardly makes sense really. Standing on line all night does get addicting but if there's not enough of a value to it then there is no real point. Unless you're saving enough money to make it worthwhile, I'm sure other places will have them for sale as well. Also, you'd be surprised how many will probably wind up on Ebay after the online sale and once the doorbusters are gone the prices on Ebay drop so much that you could probably get the exact one in BB for about $20-$30 more including the shipping, and you won't be paying the tax either, so it's only a difference of $10 - $20. The Ebay market often gets flooded with doorbuster deals by Friday night to the point they compete with each other and supply and demand.... lots of supply and although the demand is there, people are only going to buy it if they get a good deal on it. I've never sold doorbusters on Ebay myself, but a few times I questioned my own sanity for standing on lines all night when they flood the market so badly that they only make a profit of about $50 on a laptop. By no means do I approve of the idea, but it happens every year. The ones that are really getting screwed by it are the customers that wait in line all night and don't get it because someone bought them all to resell at a profit.

Midnight Wendsday would be a good avg for locations. If no one is there by midnight, just sleep in car till morning. The likly hood of someone campin up till morning is very slim, whos going to wake up in the middle of the night to specifically get there at 3am? No one, my local bestbuy doesn't really have people start lining up (30+) till about 1-3am FRIDAY. But the line does start early thursday morning.