xbox 360

higbee

So I need to get an xbox system for my teen to play call of duty. We have already purchased the new black ops game. We need the one with wifi. I guess we need more than 4 GB.

All the deals seem to be only on the 4GB. Have I missed any deals? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I got the 4GB and then upgraded it with an additional 60GB, which was plenty for us and the kids. I did the starter kit that comes with 3 months of live and a headset too for about $80 on Amazon. I got a good deal on the 4GB so it was cheaper to do it this way ($100 last year on Amazon). You can get lots of different sizes...a 120GB (with no kit) is under $90 right now and the 250GB (no kit) is about $110. If the 4GB is a really good deal, take that and upgrade.

Just make sure the model you buy can be upgraded. That, I don't know much about. I know the Arcade is one that can. I think they are stopping the Arcade, but I wouldn't be surprised to see these at really good prices to empty stock.

You may need to buy the newer version of the xbox 360 that came out a few months ago. My husband plays Halo Reach and everyone he knows that has that game and an older version of xbox 360 had lag issues with the new game especially when they played online. DH and his friends with the newer xbox 360 had no problems at all. I am not sure if that is true for Call of Duty Black Ops, he doesn't play it which makes me so happy, it is way to realistic to me and creeps me out a bit.

The new version has wifi built in so it is easier to connect online so he can play online. I am almost positive that he can now use the small flash drives for memory. I can't remember at the moment and DH is at work now. I bought the new version for DH in September right after his other 360 broke, again, for the fifth time in 4 years! They had some great prices on the older version when we bought the new one, but I did not want to keep messing with the issues with the older one.

Target has the 4gb for $199 on BF and you get a free $50 gift card and when you spend $100 or more at Target you will get a free $10 gift card too. http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/black-friday-2020-Xbox3604GBConsolewFree50GiftCard.html

I got the 4GB and then upgraded it with an additional 60GB, which was plenty for us and the kids. I did the starter kit that comes with 3 months of live and a headset too for about $80 on Amazon. I got a good deal on the 4GB so it was cheaper to do it this way ($100 last year on Amazon). You can get lots of different sizes...a 120GB (with no kit) is under $90 right now and the 250GB (no kit) is about $110. If the 4GB is a really good deal, take that and upgrade.

Just make sure the model you buy can be upgraded. That, I don't know much about. I know the Arcade is one that can. I think they are stopping the Arcade, but I wouldn't be surprised to see these at really good prices to empty stock.

Just to let you know that the older hard drives do no fit into the new "slim" Xbox. If you buy the new Xbox 4gb with wi fi and want to upgrade the hard drive you need to get the 120gb hard drive which is about $130. My DS was going to get the 4gb and use his old hard drive from his previous Xbox but was told it would not fit, the new hard drive is a lot smaller.