Target Card 5% discount

clm101798

Does anyone know if this can be combined with the 10% off rewards certificate that you get for spending $1000? I know they replaced this discount with the 5% all the time one, but they are still sending them out if you had a reward balance. I'm wondering if it will combine the two discounts. thanks!

WARNING!!!!

Don't get the target debit card now and plan on using it on BF unless you have a very small shopping list. I signed up last week. Went to buy a TV tonight and the card was declined. I got a number to call when I got home and they told me that my purchase was too big for a first transaction. I will have to use the card for a few weeks making a bunch of smaller purchases in order to build up enough of a relationship between the debit card and my bank account before they will approve a large purchase. Of course how many and how big these transactions need to be he could not tell me. So basically I have no chance of getting enough of a 'relationship' while the tv is on sale, so it will be $150 more by the time I do. Forget it.

And if I make a bunch of purchases by BF, he said I still should not plan on spending more than $100 at a time, and that even might be too much. And there is no way of finding out how much I can use it for on BF until I get to the register and try it.

A few years ago Target had a 37" Olevia TV on sale. I purchased the TV Wednesday night right before the store closed. I returned to Target Friday morning where I had them price adjust the TV. I also opened a Target credit card at that time and received an additional discount. I ended up getting the TV for an awesome price.