TVs, price guesstimation, LCD blowout, $50 GC/$500 purchase deal

Shripe

I'm anxiously waiting for the BF ad to be leaked sometime this week, since I'm looking at a Sony 40" (KDL-40EX400) that Sears will have for $550 on BF, but that Best Buy has at $600 right now (on sale, $100 off). I also have the $50 GC with $500 purchase coupon, which would split that difference. I just don't know whether their BF prices will dip below that $550 amount, nor if that TV will be featured in their LCD blowout I read about in the other "large TVs" thread. I'll have until Saturday to decide, when the weekly LCD sale ends. Is this about as good as the LCD blowout gets, or is/was there a greater discount the week prior to BF?

New idea... Anyone who's familiar with the Best Buy return policy able to help on this one (seems like it'd work from what I've read)?

I will go ahead and buy the TV on Saturday at the $599.99 price, along with the coupon giving me a $50 giftcard. The TV will sit unopened until the BF ad comes out. If I find a better price for that TV in the ad, I'll return the TV I bought before Thanksgiving (obviously within the 30 day period, and unopened). No restocking fee it seems for TVs, so I'll get the amount I paid back, and give back the giftcard. Then I'll pick it up on BF once again at the lower price.

Hopefully Best Buy will have my TV as a non-doorbuster item, so I could still have a chance at in-store pickup or just being able to drop by that afternoon or even Saturday (I know Sears has the TV for $550 on Friday AND Saturday, without the limited quantity/no raincheck warning) to pick it up. Thoughts, once again? :)

And thanks, emptynest2, I already considered the LED option, but that was out of my price range. :) The $600 is at the very edge of my range as well.