How does Best Buy handle large TV's?

taylor9124

After the 5 years I have camped out for Black Friday, I have never purchased a large TV. This year, I plan to go to Best Buy and purchase a 42" or larger LCD or LED-LCD TV. I work at Target, so I know these boxes are huge, and are really not meant for one person to carry, even through crowds of people. If the TV I want happens to be a doorbuster, and I receive a ticket for it, will they have a spot I can go to get it, with any help getting it to my car? Thanks for any responses!

Welcome to the community!

At my BB they have all of the big items as in TVs and appliances in the car audio install bays. When I got my TV I paid for it inside and then was told to drive around where it was loaded in my car by BB employees.

I would call your local BB and ask them.

Keep in mind that Best Buy could very well have sales on LCD TVs up to the store closing on Wednesday, just like last year. Just like Jim said, Best Buy always has someone to assist the loading of large TVs. If you plan on bringing an open bed truck, I would strongly suggest going to the hardware store and purchase a large water-proof tarp, along with sufficient length bungee cords, or twine. Last year it rained, and all bets are off it it ruins the set.

Keep in mind that Best Buy could very well have sales on LCD TVs up to the store closing on Wednesday, just like last year. Just like Jim said, Best Buy always has someone to assist the loading of large TVs. If you plan on bringing an open bed truck, I would strongly suggest going to the hardware store and purchase a large water-proof tarp, along with sufficient length bungee cords, or twine. Last year it rained, and all bets are off it it ruins the set.

But the sales that happen before the store closing on Wednesday have nothing to do with the actual Black Friday sale do they?

But the sales that happen before the store closing on Wednesday have nothing to do with the actual Black Friday sale do they?

It sure does! last year, I helped distribute sales fliers to customers in line for the LCD blowout sale they were having directly in conjunction with Black Friday. I also saw many buy LCD TVs on the Wednesday prior to the store closing. They had unadvertised specials in addition to the advertisement jim is talking about. They were also selling one of the Black Friday LCD deals early, since they had ample supplies. This location has been a prime mover of LCD TVs since it's opening.

• 2 weeks later...