Black Friday...bring it on!

hpowers

Looks like I'm about 90% positive that I'll have to be at work that day. :( My boss just scheduled a network security audit, and it's the week of Thanksgiving. That means the days leading up to BF will be really busy for me, and if they don't finish by Wed, I have to be here on Friday.

Looks like I'm about 90% positive that I'll have to be at work that day. :( My boss just scheduled a network security audit, and it's the week of Thanksgiving. That means the days leading up to BF will be really busy for me, and if they don't finish by Wed, I have to be here on Friday.

Online shopping for you too, then?

Online shopping for you too, then?

Just like last year, the BF site will have a complete list of BF sale items available online. Many of the sale items started becoming available online on Thanksgiving Day last year, so there is a good chance you (whether you are going out on BF or not) will be able to get some items the day before.

Just like last year, the BF site will have a complete list of BF sale items available online. Many of the sale items started becoming available online on Thanksgiving Day last year, so there is a good chance you (whether you are going out on BF or not) will be able to get some items the day before.

Do you know if stores offering in-store pickup for online orders tend to still do that with their BF sale items? I could avoid shipping charges that way (if there are any) and still be able to be at the stores in person on BF, but later in the day when it's a decent time to have the kids awake and after the morning madness has died down somewhat and it's safer to have them out. Just something I thought of. I don't know if I'll even be buying things at stores that have that option.

I'm not sure. I'd think that if a store that offers in-store pickup (for example, Best Buy) has an item online at the BF price, you could check out and choose in-store pickup.

The only problem would be that the in-store inventories are not always real-time, so when you order, the stores might already be out of stock. And if you order before the stores open, there's a good chance they won't pick your order until after they open, which again, could mean they are OOS.

I'm not sure. I'd think that if a store that offers in-store pickup (for example, Best Buy) has an item online at the BF price, you could check out and choose in-store pickup.

The only problem would be that the in-store inventories are not always real-time, so when you order, the stores might already be out of stock. And if you order before the stores open, there's a good chance they won't pick your order until after they open, which again, could mean they are OOS.

Hmm, good point. Sounds like it'd be better to pay for shipping in that case. But hopefully there will be a lot of free shipping deals/coupons out there.

On a semi-related note...when does TRU's website start having their free shipping promotions? It annoys me so much that they don't participate in amazon's super saver shipping LOL. I want to buy my oldest a scooter or something similar, I think...he had one when he was 3 that is broken and too small for him that he still tries to ride...but shipping charges on that kind of stuff are just about as much as the item. I'm in no rush, though...still saving up. :)

I'd imagine starting next month they'll start having some free shipping deals. I know during the week of BF last year they had free shipping on $49+ orders, plus a free $10 gift certificate if you spent $75.

Somehow I only remember the giant stuffed animals for spending lots of money...the gift certificate sounds like the way to go, if they do that again this year. I'll have to resist temptation and not buy toys little by little, then, so I can spend my money all at once and get the bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note about this -- if you order something from BestBuy.com and it lets you place the order for in-store pickup, but they come back and say that it is not available for pickup, you get free ground shipping. So you have nothing to lose by choosing in-store pickup if the option is available.

-Mark-