Target to Discount Prices on More Than 1,000 Toys This Holiday Season

bigjimslade

http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/target-to-discount-prices.aspx

MINNEAPOLIS (October 7, 2010) — This holiday season, Target offers thousands of kid-pleasing toys in stores and online at Target.com and will discount prices on more than 1,000 toys. The 2010 toy assortment includes a mix of classics as well as the hottest new toys, 250 of which can be found exclusively at Target.

Target is the only mass retailer to have an area in stores and online dedicated to tech toys, and carries the largest specialty toy selection, with more than 100 specialty toys that cannot be found at other mass retailers.

"From Nerf Stampede and Sing-a-ma-jigs to exclusive Toy Story 3 gift packs, Target features the hottest toys and must-have brands that make great gifts for kids of all ages," said Casey Carl, Vice President Merchandise Manager, Toys and Sporting Goods. "And, we also offer the classic toys and games like Barbie, Lego and Monopoly that are found on holiday lists year after year – all at great prices."

Beginning October 17, Target will offer a five percent discount on nearly all purchases made at Target and Target.com when guests use their Target credit cards, which will provide guests additional savings throughout the holiday season.

Target is a one-stop toy destination with unique toys for children of all ages:

* Gift-givers will have a blast wrapping up some of the trendy hot toys of the season for younger kids, including Sing-a-ma-jigs, Bigfoot or Squinkies.

* For Toy Story fans, Target exclusively offers the Toy Story 3 Andy’s Toys Gift Pack, which features characters from the film, including Sheriff Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Bullesye, Rex, Hamm and Alien.

* Zoobles and Kung Zhu hamsters, the interactive toys with their own sound effects will be at the top of many kids’ list. Older siblings will surely want tech toys like Paper Jamz, HEXBUGS, and Barbie Video Girl.

* Target offers a variety of educational gifts, including the Leapster Explorer Learning System from Leapfrog, perfect for kids ages four to nine.

* LEGO, the perennial favorite, is available in starter kits and add-on sets, including the LEGO Bricks & More Building Fun set; and the LEGO Harry Potter Hagrid’s Hut, which includes special blocks to build the hut, plus furnishings and six characters from the books. New this season, LEGO Games features 11 items, including Minotaurus and Creationary.

* Family game night will be popular in any home where Loopz or Cuponk appear under the tree. In addition, the Voit 11-in-1 Family Game Table is a great gift, and offers air hockey, soccer, stick hockey, table tennis, bowling, shuffleboard, backgammon, chess, checkers, tic-tac-toe and cards.

* Gifts that inspire fitness also are high on many family holiday lists this year. Target offerings include a wide assortment of RAZOR scooters, a neon green and black Pogo Stick, Roller Rink Skates, Schwinn Trikes and the Jumpstart Trampoline.

When making their holiday purchases, gift givers can rest assured they are getting the absolute best price on toys this season. Through its Low Price Promise, Target stores nationwide will match advertised prices from competitors on identical items in local markets. Bargain-hunting guests also can learn about deals on great gifts through the weekly ad and online at Target Daily Deals (dailydeals.target.com).

For hundreds more toy and gift ideas for children of all ages, visit www.target.com.

About Target

Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) serves guests at 1,752 stores in 49 states nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education. Today, that giving equals more than $3 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit Target.com/hereforgood.

Note: Target welcomes the media to its stores. To contact your local store about shooting b-roll or photos, please visit “Find a Store” at Target.com and contact the Leader on Duty directly to request a visit or interview. You also may visit our online pressroom at Target.com/Pressroom to access product information, photos and more.

Search Pressroom

Ohh that press release gave me goosebumps....we are so getting into the holiday season!!

I agree with hoosierxheart, Targets sale prices will now put them on the same playing field as WM. Good move for them though, they can grab some WM customers that way. I am intrigued about their "largest specialty toy selection." I will have to go take a look.

I'm curious if the changes to targets credit card terms will affect their pricing. No longer are they offering 10% off when you open a charge, you receive 5 % off on every purchase when you use your target charge. I think this goes into effect 10-17. Anyone think this will be a factor in Christmas shopping?

• 3 weeks later...
I just opened the target credit card today, (i don't need another cc) - my thinking is that if i have to buy wii/xbox games this holiday, i might as well get 5% back on it. (if the prices are the same in tru/bb). My kids are outgrowing tru and i know i can use the rewards for something at target.

I also opened a Target charge account, it was actually to get the 10% off my first purchase when I was buying some more school clothes for my kids a few weeks ago. They told me that after the 17th when the 5% off every purchases takes effect, the 10% off first purchase would no longer be valid. So I went for it to get the benefits of both offers. What I found interesting was the sales assoc asked me if I wanted a Target charge account, or to have the Target benefits tied to my bank debit card. As I understand it I would get a Target issued debit card that would replace my bank issued debit card but would still tied to my bank account. I didn't go for it at the time but I'm thinking of now switching to Target debit version.

I also opened a Target charge account, it was actually to get the 10% off my first purchase when I was buying some more school clothes for my kids a few weeks ago. They told me that after the 17th when the 5% off every purchases takes effect, the 10% off first purchase would no longer be valid. So I went for it to get the benefits of both offers. What I found interesting was the sales assoc asked me if I wanted a Target charge account, or to have the Target benefits tied to my bank debit card. As I understand it I would get a Target issued debit card that would replace my bank issued debit card but would still tied to my bank account. I didn't go for it at the time but I'm thinking of now switching to Target debit version.

It would only replace your debit card at Target, but yes you do still get the 5% off every purchase and the pharmacy rewards (not sure what they changed to) and you can set up a school for Target to donate to. I've had a Target debit card for a couple years now, but my husband is an employee so we have to have it to use our team member discount with our debit, otherwise we have to pay cash, check, or Target CC.