Am I the only one having problems all day today?

Rockfordmom

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I have gotten that message here all day. All morning it kept taking really long to load pages if they even loaded or I got the above message? And it's happening again tonight, it takes so long to post anything. I haven't had any problems on any other websites.

Any ideas???

I haven't seen anything myself and nobody else has reported anything at all today, either on the forum or via the contact form on the site.

Might be something specific to your ISP caused by the server move last night. Maybe you are still hitting the old server for some reason.

If anyone else has had errors, please post here.

Just got this trying to check for new post

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 4194304) (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /xxx/xxx/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4078) : eval()'d code on line 92

and now it says im required to wait 10 seconds between post? this is my first post today

Edited by riven3d

We're looking into this. This is the first year we've had the new version of the vBulletin forum software on the cluster of servers we use for Black Friday, so bugs like these were bound to come up.

No need to report the erorrs anymore - we've got enough data to work with now.

-Brad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm not one to bump an old thread, but I think this runs along with server load/lag/whatnot. I've noticed that since I've been browsing the forums (and rarely on the main GD BF site) that things are loading pretty slowly, occasionally getting a timeout/connection was reset error when I try to load a page. It's not my connection, as I'm having no other issues.

I'm not one to bump an old thread, but I think this runs along with server load/lag/whatnot. I've noticed that since I've been browsing the forums (and rarely on the main GD BF site) that things are loading pretty slowly, occasionally getting a timeout/connection was reset error when I try to load a page. It's not my connection, as I'm having no other issues.

Haven't noticed it here, and I've (obviously) been on a lot lately. I do notice that the forums seem to run a lot slower on IE compared to FF or Chrome, but things have been the same speed as always for me at least using FF.

Haven't noticed it here, and I've (obviously) been on a lot lately. I do notice that the forums seem to run a lot slower on IE compared to FF or Chrome, but things have been the same speed as always for me at least using FF.

Agreed, I haven't run into anything new with Firefox either.