Best Buy Launches Enhanced Shipping and Store Pickup Capabilities for Holidays

bigjimslade

http://www.bby.com/2010/09/23/best-buy-launches-enhanced-shipping-and-store-pickup-capabilities-for-the-holiday-season/

Best Buy® Launches Enhanced Shipping and Store Pickup Capabilities for the Holiday Season

New Store Pickup Plus program provides customers with more options, convenience and savings

MINNEAPOLIS, Sept. 23, 2010 – Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) makes holiday shopping even easier this year by offering one of the most comprehensive shipping programs in the retail landscape, Store Pickup Plus. The recently launched program serves as an evolution of traditional free shipping promotions, allowing customers to not only avoid shipping fees, but to receive their product more quickly, eliminate concerns about package delivery, increase confidence of product availability, and save shopping time by processing payments online.

The Store Pickup Plus program consists of the following capabilities:

* Store Pickup: Buy online, skip the shipping charge and pick up an order in as little as 45 minutes after placing it.

* Ship-To-Store: Out-of-stock products that are available online can be shipped to any Best Buy store for customer pickup, without any shipping fees.

* Friends & Family Pickup: Place an order online and have someone else pick it up, avoiding an inconvenient trip to the store or giving an out-of-town relative immediate access to a purchase.

* Warehouse Pickup: Avoid delivery charges and scheduling conflicts by picking up products directly from a local Best Buy warehouse. This is an expedient option for appliance purchases and same-day pickup.

With each of the program options, customers will be notified via email when their product is ready for pickup, creating an overall expedient and efficient on-site transaction.

Since the launch of the program, the number of customers placing orders online for in-store pick up has increased significantly. “Customers are eager to take advantage of multi-channel shopping solutions, and the enhanced Store Pickup Plus offerings allow Best Buy to take customer service to a new level,” said John Thompson, senior vice president and general manager of BestBuy.com. “Shoppers will experience more options for cost-effective and convenient transactions that showcase Best Buy’s ability to provide the most complete offering of services for the digitally connected world.”

The robust Store Pickup Plus program offers a set of options unmatched by any other retailer and brings together comprehensive solutions available across all selling channels, including the Mobile version of BestBuy.com. You can find more details on the Store Pickup Plus program at http://www.bestbuy.com/storepickupplus

About Best Buy Co., Inc.

With operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, China, Mexico and Turkey, Best Buy is a multinational retailer of technology and entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. The Best Buy family of brands and partnerships collectively generates more than $49 billion in annual revenue and includes brands such as Best Buy; Best Buy Mobile; Audiovisions; The Carphone Warehouse; Future Shop; Geek Squad, Jiangsu Five Star; Magnolia Audio Video; Napster; Pacific Sales; and The Phone House. Approximately 180,000 employees apply their talents to help bring the benefits of these brands to life for customers through retail locations, multiple call centers and Web sites, in-home solutions, product delivery and activities in our communities. Community partnership is central to the way we do business at Best Buy. In fiscal 2010, we donated a combined $25.2 million to improve the vitality of the communities where our employees and customers live and work. For more information about Best Buy, visit www.bestbuy.com.

# # #

• 1 month later...
I made an online purchase from BB on 10/29/10....the item purchased not available for pickup in store. Stated that most items shipped in 1 day. I emailed BB on 11/3 as there was NO activity whatsoever on my order status. I have yet to hear from them and I have been charged for the item. Anyone have this experience? Or do I have any obligation to wait ....how long?