Official Black Friday DESKTOP COMPUTER Discussion Thread

Brad

You should of waited...For $20 more...you could be getting this... http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/black-friday-4114-CompaqPresarioDesktopw4GB500GB19LCD.html

I compared all the desktop Black Friday offers so far, and decided the Acer was the better bang for my buck-better processor, bigger hard drive and I believe there are more/better connection options like gigabit ethernet that I prefer, even though it also comes with wireless internet option, also has eSata and HDMI. I have a display and a printer already and didn't want to mess with the mail in rebate that the printer requires... but thanks for the info!

I compared all the desktop Black Friday offers so far, and decided the Acer was the better bang for my buck-better processor, bigger hard drive and I believe there are more/better connection options like gigabit ethernet that I prefer, even though it also comes with wireless internet option, also has eSata and HDMI. I have a display and a printer already and didn't want to mess with the mail in rebate that the printer requires... but thanks for the info!

Oh I see.....Do I have to get the printer with this deal?

Here's the desktop I bought about a month ago:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FK63D0/ref=oss_product

Except for the fact that I had to open it to connect one of the sets of USB jacks, this computer has been practically perfect in every way. I've always bought my motherboards from Asus, so that part was a no-brainer. All I have to do is add a nice graphics card (and maybe up the power supply to go along with it), and this would actually be a very decent gaming rig.

Here's the desktop I bought about a month ago:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FK63D0/ref=oss_product

Except for the fact that I had to open it to connect one of the sets of USB jacks, this computer has been practically perfect in every way. I've always bought my motherboards from Asus, so that part was a no-brainer. All I have to do is add a nice graphics card (and maybe up the power supply to go along with it), and this would actually be a very decent gaming rig.

Did opening it void the warranty? I am wondering because I know I can reconnect everything, but I dont want to void the warranty.

High end Computers do not use DDR2 RAM

looks like an out dated maxed platform.

decent price though.

My computer is rather High end, with a 850W PSU, 2x 5870 GPU crossfire, 8GB ram, etc, on and on. It also runs DDR2. Why? Because AMD has done a great job of allowing me to use my parts over and just update my CPU with a simple drop in, also DDR3 is not that much faster in 95% of circumstances. This platform will likely be able to accept upgraded CPU's for another year of releases. Given that it currently has a 10xx series processor that is 6core, the next quickest processor he could drop in there is currently $200+, so no need to upgrade it soon.

This is a great price, good hardware. Will it possibly need a video card and therefore an upgraded PSU to allow it to reach full potential? Yes. Will it last for quite a while as a quick and usable rig given normal maintenance? Yes.

Dont know how anyone can call a 6core processor that is less than a year old outdated.....

Sorry, rant over.