What to do when your kids don't want anything for Christmas?

abentley

OK! I have decided to go ahead an get 2 ipads next weekend. I have a couple of other small gift ideas that have come up like new xbox controllers and such. Oh and pants since my BABY decided to grow tall FAST! It is official, HE IS TALLER THAN ME! I am hight deprived at 5'7". Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

Hhhmmm. I had decided to go ahead with the Ipad idea myself, until I spoke to my 16 year old cousin tonight. She had originally ask for one for Christmas. After one of her friends got one, she has changed her mind. She says she is not at all impressed with it, and likes her Ipod Touch much better. I think I will take DS to BestBuy and let him play around with the display to see how he really likes it before we go that route.

I am starting to get nervous!!LOL! The boys got desktops last year. I can't see going the netbook or laptop route due to the fact that they have awesome 27" monitors and loft beds in their room. They got a 32" lcd tv when we redecorated their room last year. We have the ipods/mp3 players/cameras/xbox 360/wii/psps/dsi/ps3........I will get the "new" games out for the season. We have a huge trip planned in October. I am thinking I might be in a pickle!!

Have they saw the new Xbox 360 Kinect? It is due to be released 11/4. It is motion activated and sort of works like the Wii, only you don't have to use controllers. Just connects with your 360 and works with your body movement. My DS12 wasn't at all interested in it until we went into Gamestop today. He had lots of fun playing around with the demo. He had originally said something about possibly wanting the Ipad, but after leaving Gamestop he looks at me and says "That looks awesome. Gotta put it on top of my Christmas list." Aaahhh, reserved and already taken care of....Lol.

Edited by Kim3498
Added info.

Wow! I grabbed 2 ipads today! I have ordered cases. I have c ouple of little ideas to actually have gifts under the tree. I will pretty much miss out the entire month of October for shopping, so I feel a little excited now! The holiday shopping has begun for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Just redecorated bed room for 13 y old boy. I am buying a bed with storage drawers and the matching chest, clothing items, computer file storage, and boots. Will also stuff a stocking with restaraunt cards, video games, grooming items, and movie passes.