Compaq Matte Black 15.6" Presario Laptop PC ONLY $298 w/FS to HOME @ Walmart.com

magickallight

Fantastic Deal from Walmart.com on this

Compaq Matte Black 15.6" Presario CQ62-219WM Laptop PC with Intel Celeron 900 Processor & Windows 7 Home Premium

ONLY $298.00 with FREE Shipping to your HOME!

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/88/56/31/42/0088563142472_215X215.jpg

Item Description

Be informed. Be in touch. Be entertained. The Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM comes preloaded with applications designed to enhance your productivity. One-touch keys let you instantly access email, the web and other functions you use most. Full PC functionality plus a comfortable keyboard and touchpad help you handle everyday tasks in no time. Plus, the Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM laptop PC's classic good looks are a match for any situation.

Compaq CQ62-219WM Laptop PC:

Key Features and Benefits:

* Intel Celeron 900 processor

2.2GHz, 800MHz Front Side Bus, 1MB Cache

* 2GB DDR2 system memory

Gives you the options for surfing, video conferencing, documents, basic photo edting and simple computer tasks

* 250GB SATA hard drive

Store 166,000 photos, 71,000 songs or 131 hours of HD video and more

* SuperMulti double-layer DVD burner

Play DVD movies on your computer; Read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats

* 10/100BaseT Ethernet; 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi

Connect to a broadband modem or a wired broadband router with wired Ethernet, or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n wireless connection built into your PC

* 15.6" diagonal HD BrightView LED widescreen display

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (shared) with up to 797MB total available graphics memory

Additional Features:

* 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x VGA port, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x headphone jack, 1 x microphone jack

* 6-cell lithium-ion battery

Software:

* Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition (To learn more about the features of Windows 7, click here)

* Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 (60-day trial)

* Symantec Norton Internet Security 2010 (60-day trial)

* Windows Live Photo Gallery, HP Photo Creations, Roxio CinemaNow

* HP Support Assistant, HP Recovery Manager

Support and Warranty:

* 1-year limited hardware warranty with toll-free support; 1-year free hardware technical support

* Restore discs are no longer included with PCs. We recommend you use the installed software to create your own restore & backup DVD the first week you use the computer.

What's In The Box:

* 65-Watt power supply and power cord

* 6-cell Li-Ion battery

* Quick Start Guide and documentation

LINK

*NOTE: if the link does not take you directly to the item - enter Compaq Matte Black 15.6" Presario CQ62-219WM Laptop PC with Intel Celeron 900 Processor & Windows 7 Home Premium into Walmart's Search Box and it should come right up for you! ;)

The price is always what draws people to these...but after hearing so many....SO MANY horror stories, I wouldn't touch a celeron pc with a 10' pole. Chances are that someone who gets this is going to multitask the heck out of this and get frustrated when the pc cannot handle what they're throwing at it. for $100 more you can often find MUCH better deals (we've seen them posted here!)

that's my 2 cents.

now if i can't convince you otherwise, I posted some comparable laptops that would give as much as choice as possible. If you're one of the lucky few who doesn't have problems with their Celeron based pc, then I envy you because I wished my laptop would've been that good. Good luck :)

Edited by KoopawnKode

If it is just for surfing the web and typing papers for school then a netbook might serve your needs just as well for a lot less money.

I had an emachines celeron before and it is very slow compared to other chips but it will handle the basics.

Celeron is fine for what you are looking for. This is a good alternative to a netbook, plus it has a bigger screen and dvd drive. The RAM is low for W7 Premium, but it will work fine for what you are looking for. Plus, if you want to upgrade RAM in the future, it should be a simple task.