Update on Forum Software Bugs

Brad

I know there have been (and still are) many bugs with the newer forum software. There have been 3 updates released since we installed in on GD which have corrected many of these issues. At some point in the next few weeks (end of July most likely), we're going to close the forum for a few hours and update everything to the latest version and see if that corrects the main issues. I know for a fact some of the bigger problems have been addressed (such as seeing the content of posts when doing a search or viewing someone's posts).

So please continue to be patient and in a few weeks you should see an improvement :)

One thing since I've noticed the update, Brad, is that our pics that we upload to GD and attach in our threads don't show up as thumbnails anymore. While we can post and view thumbnails from our Photobucket accounts and such, the pics we upload to GD only show up as a link. Also, I noticed all our pics' names all are messed up.

While that may be beneficial for those viewin' the arachnophobia thread ('What kinda spider is this?' ;)) I kinda miss that functionality. Is there a new way to do this for those of us without a Photobucket account? :confused:

• 1 month later...

Brad, you're killing me here. Still problems posting using IE. I check in once a week or so to see if things have changed and tonight, still a HUGE lag in typing and posting posts in the forums.

You KNOW I luv ya, but I can't deal with the lag....... :(

I type a hundred characters and wait 3 minutes for it to appear. Then, if there's a typo, I go back and fix, then wait another 3 minutes for it to appear. Problem seems to be sporadic, sometimes things are OK and I have hope, then the old problem kicks in again.

As a consequence, my mailbox is sadly empty these days. LOL

Brad, you're killing me here. Still problems posting using IE. I check in once a week or so to see if things have changed and tonight, still a HUGE lag in typing and posting posts in the forums.

You KNOW I luv ya, but I can't deal with the lag....... :(

I type a hundred characters and wait 3 minutes for it to appear. Then, if there's a typo, I go back and fix, then wait another 3 minutes for it to appear. Problem seems to be sporadic, sometimes things are OK and I have hope, then the old problem kicks in again.

Hmm. Haven't noticed that before, and I use both IE and Forefox. Just tried it and seems to be OK typing and posting from IE on my end. Ya sure it's not your PC that's lagging when ya run IE? :confused:

As a consequence, my mailbox is sadly empty these days. LOL

Sure someone could send an email our way to fix that problem. ;)