8mm tape conversion to DVD service

I have ALOT of video camera 8 mm tapes that I want to convert to DVD's. What place can you recommend that can transfer them. I have about 40-50 at least of these. I live in the suburbs of Chicago. I am pretty sure I am gonna pay a pretty high price, :eek: but maybe i can do it a little at a time. Any suggestions? Thank you sooo much :cheesy:

No, I do my own . It's very easy if you have a vcr dvd recorder. Just play each tape and record to vcr and when vcr tape is full, burn it to a dvd. I did over 40 a couple of years ago and it was very easy. Also the tapes are playing constantly so I got to watch some of them when I was in the room.

You put the tape in the camcorder. Hook the av cords from the camcorder to the front of the vcr like when you play on the tv. Push play on the camcorder and when the picture appears on your tv, push record on the vcr. Remember, with most dvd recorders, you must finalize the disc after burning so it can be played on other dvd players. There are complete instructions in the vcr manual

No, I do my own . It's very easy if you have a vcr dvd recorder. Just play each tape and record to vcr and when vcr tape is full, burn it to a dvd.

Also totally tech challenged. :) But I'm an ace at following directions.

What exactly do you do to burn a vcr to a dvd?

Dh will be SO impressed if I do this myself. :)

tia.

Sorry to threadjack, but I have a similar problem. When my son was born over 10 years ago, a friend of the family video taped after he was born, us bringing him home ect. After that, her video camera quit on her before she ever put it on a tape for us. She did give us the tape from her video camera, but it didn't fit our video camera at the time, so I have never even gotten to watch it! I have no idea how to get it onto a tape or dvd without the actual camcorder!

Are you talking about the 8mm tapes from the old movie cameras before camcorders? My dad had a bunch of old 8mm tapes and I took them to a company here in town and had them converted. They turned out really good. It was kind of expensive but I did it for my parents for Christmas from my brother and I and they loved it. I also had them make 3 copies so we all have copies. They are great memories and are priceless.

Are you talking about the 8mm tapes from the old movie cameras before camcorders? My dad had a bunch of old 8mm tapes and I took them to a company here in town and had them converted. They turned out really good. It was kind of expensive but I did it for my parents for Christmas from my brother and I and they loved it. I also had them make 3 copies so we all have copies. They are great memories and are priceless.

So what was the company's name?

Its funny because I just made contact with someone online who posted a wanted ad. He needed some 8mm camcorder tapes switched to DVD. We used to have a camera that used those tapes but it broke so we went out to buy one that would still play the tapes so I could hook them up and transfer them all to dvd then after that we only use the camera that records on the mini discs. Anyway, long story short if you can come into contact with a camera its as simple as hooking up the "patch" cords. I am doing his for $10 a tape.