Forum Software Upgrade

Brad

The upgrade to vBulletin 4 has been completed. Thanks for your patience during the upgrade process.

While the majority of features from the old version have been carried over, there are some add-ons that are not yet compatible.

Please use this thread to report any problems, bugs, suggestions or questions you might have about the new version.

Over the next few weeks/months we'll be adding even more new features to the board, so stay tuned!

also, I hate The Google adds on the first post and on the top of the page. Especially when you think It's a part of the post.!!

The commission from the affiliate is no longer enough? we have to have Google's adds on this site as well!

I LIKE the new look! You guys did a GREAT job! :gdclap:

Just found a possible glitch... will NOT let me search the online hot deals to see if a post has already been posted. :( Or, to be more specific - will not let me PASTE a search term into the search box. Also - DOES NOT automatically underline LINKS.

Edited by magickallight

you can see them if you are not logged in!

There have always been Google ads on here if you weren't logged in, at least for the last few years. If you've always been logged in, you probably just never saw them until now.

I LIKE the new look! You guys did a GREAT job! :gdclap:

Just found a possible glitch... will NOT let me search the online hot deals to see if a post has already been posted. :( Or, to be more specific - will not let me PASTE a search term into the search box. Also - DOES NOT automatically underline LINKS.

Can you be more specific about the search error? I tried pasting a search term into both the global search (in the upper right of every page) and in the "Search Forum" menu in the online hot deals forum and had no problems. Which web browser are you using?

As of now, I love the layout.. but a part of me is sad because it's like I lost a friend that I've seen daily for 6 years.

I feel the same way, but the benefits outweigh the "inconvenience" of the change. We'd been using the old version for 6 years, which meant that the software was 6+ years old.

Expect many other forums which use vBulletin to upgrade soon if they haven't already. We're just one of the first to make the leap.

If it makes anyone feel better, we've been using the test site for a couple weeks now and this version already feels "normal" to me now, so just give it some time and once the initial shock wears off, it should feel more like GD.

Can you be more specific about the search error? I tried pasting a search term into both the global search (in the upper right of every page) and in the "Search Forum" menu in the online hot deals forum and had no problems. Which web browser are you using?

Sorry - didn't see the "reply with quote tab" before... :blush:

When I am on the Online Hot Deals and try to search that thread it will not accept a paste - only a term if typed in. I am on FireFox. (Hope that helps.)

This is how it looks on my screen. The quote is halfway down the person's post

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g281/cotejb/forum.jpg

Try doing this:

1. While in Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu, then click on Compatibility View Settings.

2. Uncheck Display all Websites in Compatibility View, then click the Close button.

Apparently this is a known bug that should be fixed in the next update (which should be coming out any day now).

Sorry - didn't see the "reply with quote tab" before... :blush:

When I am on the Online Hot Deals and try to search that thread it will not accept a paste - only a term if typed in. I am on FireFox. (Hope that helps.)

I can't reproduce this. I copied something, went to that forum in Firefox, and was able to paste it in the search. I tried for searching the OHD forum as well as searching an individual thread. I'll see if I can find anything out about it on the vBulletin site, but I'm guessing it's something with your particular setup. Do you have the latest version of Firefox? Any toolbars/add-ons installed?

Try doing this:

1. While in Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu, then click on Compatibility View Settings.

2. Uncheck Display all Websites in Compatibility View, then click the Close button.

Apparently this is a known bug that should be fixed in the next update (which should be coming out any day now).

I don't know if it's because I use Vista, but I don't have that option. Could it be labeled differently in Vista maybe?

I don't know if it's because I use Vista, but I don't have that option. Could it be labeled differently in Vista maybe?

It would be labeled as Compatibility View somewhere in the menus. What version of Internet Explorer are you using?

I was kinda hoping to be able to insert pics from my computer without having to go through PhotoBucket, etc.

Am I missing a way to do it?

And, some new "hip" smilies would of been good.

I know, I am nit-picking.....but, everything looks good and I am just airing my "wish list"

I was kinda hoping to be able to insert pics from my computer without having to go through PhotoBucket, etc.

Am I missing a way to do it?

And, some new "hip" smilies would of been good.

I know, I am nit-picking.....but, everything looks good and I am just airing my "wish list"

yes...

Just as before you can "manage attachments" to insert a picture directly:

post-214-13726219122_thumb.gif

What seems harder to read? We're definitely open to making changes as needed.

For me the blue isn't that dark so the whole page is a little harder on my eyes.

I think part of it is just getting use to where to look to read the post but the lighter colors are something to get use to.

Also with the "quick navigation" I'm not able to just click on what's already in the box and return to where I was. I have to use the drop down menu even if I don't want to change forums.