Apple IPod Touch and Iphone

suzy3333

Does anybody have any advice of where a good deal might be for both an ipod touch and iphone? My 11 year old son has been saving his own money and shoveling all this horrible snow to earn the money to buy himself an ipod touch. However, I want to find the best deal for him (such as the best price or the best incentive from a particular store).

I, on the other hand, am trying to get an iphone. I currently have at&t as my cell phone provider but I do not want to go under contract again. Finally, after 15 years, (after upgrading and having to keep renewing the contract) I am finally out of one and really don't want to go back into one. I would just like to buy the phone outright and just put my current sim card in the new phone. I have the data plan already as I currently have the Palm Centro.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I found that apple.com and go to refurb is a better deal. They are 100% warantied, look brand new and are gone over with a fine tooth comb. We have had a touch and 2 nanos without any problems at all.

I also like macmall.com they aren't quite as cheap but always have deals.

As far as the phone situation I have no clue, good luck.

Refurbs on the touch are good, I wish this were week before last, Target had the 32g touch with a 25.00 target gift card. I got an early bday present for my oldest and put the gift card away for Christmas...:)

You would have to find an iphone on ebay or somewhere where someone is selling one to avoid a contract from what I can tell. I just broke down and got a 16g iphone, decided I wanted one bad enough to sign a new contract (been with them since 97 so I'm not going anywhere, just like not to be tied down...)

mgmckny,

I feel your pain. I really want one but don't want to be tied down to a contract. I've been with them since 95, so I'm not going anywhere either. In fact, I broke down and went to the apple store yesterday to get one, but I was told that a new version iphone will be coming out sometime between June and July. So, since I waited this long, I figured I would wait another 3-4 months and get the new one (or the current one at a cheaper price).