Dillards Extra % off

jkm0111

Went today and they were very busy organizing all the clearance. Don't know if it was coincidence, but I'm hopeful something will happen soon. Can't remember if their sale usually breaks on Fridays or if that is just for the cc holders. If anyone knows and wants to share, please post. Thanks.

Historically, the sale starts Tuesdays for card holders and then Wednesday through Saturday for the general public. (At least that is how it happens in KC.)

They started giving card holders the opportunity to shop the sale on Tuesdays, so I got one of their silly cards JUST to use for their really big clearance sales. That card doesn't see any action other than about twice a year! LOL...

Last time they had their xtra 30% off clearance... end of January, Dillards sent me an e-mail the MONDAY prior notifying me that cardholders would have the sale on Tuesday (a day early). I still haven't gotten that e-mail yet as of 7:15 Monday evening.

Has anyone who has a Dillards card got an e-mail?

Wondering if maybe they are just going to start the sale on Wednesday this time without the day's advance to cardholders???

hmmmm....

(I will make sure to post if I DO get an e-mail later tonight!)

I just got an e-mail saying the Dillards extra 40% off sale starts tomorrow for cardholders only!! (Feb. 24th :)

Sooooo, I would assume that the general public sale starts Thursday then??

OMG...it's 40% off, I will so be there. I used to get those emails, then they stopped sending them to me. Thanks for keeping us informed!!

Went this afternoon, it was pretty crowded. The bad news is, a lot of the stuff was the same stuff I saw during the January clearance. The good news is, the prices are MUCH lower now. Stuff that was 30% off/extra 50% in January was now 70% off/extra 40%. It seemed like there were some good deals to be had in costume jewelry/watches, purses, housewares and domestics/luggage. Nothing really called to me though.

Hit the mother load on Ugg Boots today at Zona Rosa... both women's and kids. I had an extra 10% off certificate with my card, so most of them were all about 62-63% off. some nice styles too....not goofy colors or anything. Got 4 pair for my girls and 2 pair for me. The Uggs in the kids section weren't even on the sale shelf with the rest of the sale shoes. I just knew that they were redlined from several weeks ago and knew what to look for. Oak Park has been out of kids Uggs for awhile now, so it was worth a 30 minute trip up there.

The women's Uggs were flying off the shelves.

There was a table full of Ugg boots and shoes at the Springfield, MO Dillards today. No size 5's though, shucks. One lady came in and bought 95% of the clearance Coach bags at opening. I am almost sure she owns/works for the local resale boutique. Nothing I was interested in anyway, all bags were much too small. I ended up buying a winter coat, some scarves, shoes and clothes for the kids. Other poster was right, same stuff as last time, but much lower prices. I also had one of those 10% off coupons, but they wouldn't let me stack it with the 40% off.

I did great today at Dillards. Thanks for posting about the sale dates. I actually opened an account so I could shop today. Turned around and paid it off after I was done with the damage. Wow, I haven't had a store card for anyplace in over 15 years! Got in over my head after college and took 4 years of hard work to pay off everything. It was worth seeing the 40% come off at the end, but a little scary having a new account.

Got the only leather coach they had (marked 30% then got the addtional 40%) and loaded up on clothes for my boys. They had tons of Polo jeans, shirts, jackets all marked down 30% - 50% then got the 40% on top of that. Nike athletic was marked down 70% and got the additional off that! Wasn't crowded when I first got there (around 10:30am). The lady in children's (my first stop) said that they were surprised. Went to purses around 11:30 and they weren't busy either. Clerk said they had only sold one coach purse prior to my purchase. Then went upstairs and they had TONS of misses clothes marked down! By the time I left, it was getting crowded.

Thanks again for all the posts! Totally worth the trip.

I didn't make it out until around 4pm yesterday. Had to take my youngest to the dentist and pick up hubby. We were able to score some good deals for him...Dillard's has one of the best Big & Tall shops for men, so it was worth it for him alone. Also got some great deals in housewares with individual glasses being $0.60 with the extra 40% off. :)

Able to get the kids a couple of shoes but no go with handbags or shoes for me.

Thanks again for the heads up post.

There was a table full of Ugg boots and shoes at the Springfield, MO Dillards today. No size 5's though, shucks. One lady came in and bought 95% of the clearance Coach bags at opening. I am almost sure she owns/works for the local resale boutique. Nothing I was interested in anyway, all bags were much too small. I ended up buying a winter coat, some scarves, shoes and clothes for the kids. Other poster was right, same stuff as last time, but much lower prices. I also had one of those 10% off coupons, but they wouldn't let me stack it with the 40% off.

That's odd that they refused to use your 10% shopping pass. Nobody said anything to me about it... only that it was a great day to use that. I didn't look closely at the verbiage on it, but I definitely would have if someone told me that I couldn't use it.

Does Dillards have a policy about previously purchased merchandise that is now on sale? :g_shrug: I bought a coat last week and some stores will refund the difference in 7-14 days.

Their website says they do not do price adjustments, but it never hurts to ask. I just wouldn't get my hopes up. Otherwise, if you can find the identical coat, you could buy it at the lower price and return the one you bought last week, keeping in mind that it would still need to have the tag attached with the yellow bar-code return sticker. If you have already removed the tag from the coat you bought last week, you may be out of luck.

Their website says they do not do price adjustments, but it never hurts to ask. I just wouldn't get my hopes up. Otherwise, if you can find the identical coat, you could buy it at the lower price and return the one you bought last week, keeping in mind that it would still need to have the tag attached with the yellow bar-code return sticker. If you have already removed the tag from the coat you bought last week, you may be out of luck.

Thanks, Macy's has a price adjustment policy for 14(?) days and I've used it before for a significant savings. I was hoping Dillards did too.