noehlp

Saturday January 9, 2010

One Day Sale at Macy's

Take an EXTRA 50% Off Clearance Storewide

They also have some good sales too!

Check out your ad! Go to www.Macys.com

One item in the sale ad that caught my attention:

$397 Queen Mattress Sets, Sealy / Simmons Closeouts

Yes, the extra 50% off clearance applies today, too. It only applies to permanently marked down clearance items, not sale items (so the mattress mentioned earlier is not an additional 50% off).

I found the pickings to be pretty lean. I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket and couldn't find a single clearance item I wanted (or that was actually a good deal). The shelves were pretty empty. Shoe clearance was especially sparse. It looked like they were getting ready for inventory (inventory tags stuck everywhere) and haven't bothered to stock new stuff yet. I will probably end up using the gift card on fragrance or cosmetics. Macy's on the whole has dissapointed me in the last few years.

I bought clothes for our new grandbaby for next winter. I guessed at the size but for the prices I can donate them if I need to. I also found some great outfits for a baby shower coming up at church. Thanks OP it was a lot of fun!!

It was like they took everything off clearance before they had this sale, even the christmas stuff wasn't on clearance it was "on sale" so the additional 50% off didn't apply. They had almost nothing on "clearance" in the entire store!

Yep, same here...the stuff that was $14.99 was "on sale" for one day for 9.99 so it wasn't considered clearance ect. I got a few big girls things for 2.49 each and one mens t shirt for 5.00 and that was it.