Is this a good camera deal (canon A520 from dell, 167 shipped)

Read a review on it, and it sounded like an execellent camera for the price. With a 25% off coupon, and 20$ E&A coupon, it comes out to 166.75 with free shipping.

Also, could someone point me out to a cheap sd card, probably 512 mb (that's what this camera takes, right?). I know dell has a 25% off digital media coupon right now, but I don't know what the best is right now. Thanks for your help!

The 520 is an excellent camera...and for $166 its a steal.

yeah, seemed like a good price, cheapest anywhere else was over 200 + s/h.

In a review I read, it said it takes SD/MMC cards. Is that just normal sd cards? And are there only good deals on them right now?

Um, for deals...right now you can get the 1GB sandisk SD card for $42 after rebate with free shipping. This will hold just over 500 photos at highest res on the 520.

Thanks for all the help! I think I will order the camera now, and then the sd card seperately later tonight. Thanks again.

If you don't need the 1gb, you can pick up the Kingston 512mb for $25 after rebate from dell home. You're also going to want to find a good deal on some rechargeable batteries. I would recommend these:

http://www.gottadeal.com/deal.php?store=circuitcity&sku=39706

They are very hard to beat for $13. You might even want to pick up 2 at that price if you can find 2 at your local CC.

• 4 months later...