Amazon being misleading (regarding Bic Soleil razors)

noehlp

I'm moving my discussion over here, since, basically the 'deal' isn't really a deal any more.

Here's a link to the whole thread I"m talking about: HERE

Okay, here's what I initially ordered:

Okay, I placed an order for these yesterday at the price of $6.86, it has shipped, and will either arrive tomorrow or Thursday. (the price did go up a little)

But, from the way I read this, I'm thinking I will get 3 packages of the Bic Soleil, with each package containing 3 razors, so total of 9 razors for the price. I *could* be wrong and only end up with 3 razors. We'll see. I took the chance, lol.

Bic Soleil Bella For Women Shaver, 3-Count (pack of 3)

List Price: $19.47

Price: $7.37 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51B4puuoO2L._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-3,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

Here is what has occurred so far:

OMG! Amazon makes me sooooooo MADDDDD!!!! :mad:

I completely agree! I think if I ordered ONE item of the Bic Soleil Bella for Women Shave, 3-count (pack of 3), that I would ACTUALLY be receiving 3 PACKAGES which contain 3 Razors each!

Here's what's happened so far:

When I placed my order I did order 2 of these.

on the 24th I emailed them explaining this, and also giving them the link to the Citron Shavers too (in the quoted post above).

They responded saying basically they will re-ship my order. Then I ended up getting an email telling me that I NEEDED TO RETURN my first order when the replacement order arrived!

WHATEVER!

My replacement order arrived today, of course, just containing 2 PACKAGES!

So now, i've only received a total of 4 packages, but they wanted me to return the first 2 (um ya, I gave them to my oldest dd for Christmas in her stocking, not possible)

I just got off the phone with Amazon, after 30 MINUTES total phone call. They are still Saying that if you order just one item of these shavers, that you should only receive ONE package, containing 3 Razors. Ugh! I went round and round with them, even again pointing out the Citron shaver item, and they say that is a misprint that they will be fixing.

The lady sounded like she's doing me a favor and letting me keep the four packages. Whatever, I should have a total of 6 packages, with each containing 3 razors!!! Not 4 packages.

I'm done, not worth all this trouble. In the future I will NOT order something that has the count/pack issue again! Nor will I EVER POST IT here on Gottadeal, that will be Amazon's sale loss, especially being that I DO post alot of Amazon sale items.

Oh! I even pointed out to the lady, that really NO ONE in their right mind would pay their original cost of $19 and change for 1 package of 3 Bic Soleil razors, not online, not in store. That did not phase her at all.

Now, she was nice on the phone and said she did check with 2 different supervisors. But I am still very disappointed in Amazon!

I thought and thought about it, and realized you know what? I'm right! I should have gotten 6 packages total! Here's my response to their lovely email asking if their customer service rep had solved my issue when I called earlier today:

On December 21 I ordered 2 of the following item sets:

Bic Soleil Bella For Women Shaver, 3-Count (pack of 3), ASIN B001UHOTXQ.

On December 24, I contacted Amazon explaining how I was disappointed and felt misled, as the picture of the item says "pack of 3" and the title says "3-count, pack of 3" ---- which led me to believe I'd be receiving a total of 6 packages of razors, each package containing 3 razors.

On December 27, I received an email from Amazon telling me I needed to return the first order when the replacement order arrived.

Amazon did send out a new order (replacement), exactly as I placed it, and it arrived today. In the box was 2 packages of razors, each with 3 razors in it.

So, to date, I've received a total of 4 packages, each with 3 razors in it, 2 packages were from my initial order, and the other 2 packages from the replacement order.

I called Amazon. I talked for nearly a half hour with a lady. She stated she was certain that when I placed an order for a Quantity of 2 for ASIN B001UHOTXQ, that I should only receive 2 packages of razors, each with 3 razors. I tried my best to explain that I disagree, however I guess she disagreed still. I even provided an example (ASIN B001ET7JJQ), Bic Soleil Citron Shavers, Pivot , 4 Shavers (Pack of 3). Read it, it says: 4 SHAVERS, Pack of 3. The lady I was speaking with then told me that it MUST be a misprint/error, and she'd get it corrected. She did say that I COULD go ahead and keep both of the orders I received, instead of returning the first order.

But no one seems to be understanding me. I STILL feel I should have received a total of 6 packages of razors, each with 3 razors in them.

And if my example of ASIN B001ET7JJQ was an error on Amazon's part, why has it not been fixed?

Also, if I am wrong, then you have aLOT off error's or misprints. Here, let me point you to them, and this is just a few of them:

BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor with Lube Strip For Women, 4-Count (Pack of 6)

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B00070QF0W

ASIN: B00070QF0W

- read it, "4 count", so 4 razors, "(Pack of 6)". So, is Amazon going to open the 1 package and put in 2 more razors? So that the person is shipped 1 package of razors?

Pull this one up:

Bic Soleil System Starter Kit, 1 Handle W/2 Refill Cartridges

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B001UHOTZ4

ASIN: B001UHOTZ4

- need to pull the whole item up to see this, but the picture says "Pack of 2", but the package says "1 Razor".

I'll keep going:

Bic Soleil Shimmers System Refill Cartridge, 4-Count (Pack of 3)

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B001UHOTZE

ASIN: B001UHOTZE

Bic Soleil Shimmers System Razor Starter Kit (Pack of 2)

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B001E6Q5OY

ASIN: B001E6Q5OY

Product features states: "Contains 1 razor & Contains 2 cartridges"

Again, is Amazon going to open the 1 package up, stick in the 2nd razor, seal it up and mail it to the customer, so they get their "Pack of 2"?

And it's not just Bic razors.

Here's more examples:

The Good Home Co. Pure Grass Dish Soap, 16-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 3)

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Home-Co-16-Ounce-Bottle/dp/B001G7PYZW

ASIN: B001G7PYZW

Seaside Naturals All Purpose Cleaner For Baby Belongings, 4-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3)

http://www.amazon.com/Seaside-Naturals-Purpose-Cleaner-Belongings/dp/B001G7PU5Q

ASIN: B001G7PU5Q

- Come on Amazon, it says 4 Ounce, and then "(pack of 3)", so is Amazon going to pour out 1 ounce, and then mail it to the customer?

Do I really need to go on more?

All I want is what I ordered, and what the item was listed as, a "Pack of 3", so 3 Packages per quantity ordered! And I've put SO MUCH of my time into getting my order corrected this is just plain ridiculous!

I'd like this issue resolved please.

Otherwise, they really need to quit the false advertisements. I really can't believe I'm going to all this work for some stinking razors, but it's the principle of it all. And hopefully they can get this figured out for future customers who place future orders with them that state "pack of XXX"

Edited by noehlp

And just to clarify, when I initially placed my order, (the first quoted item in this thread), I only ordered a qty of 1, but after I posted the 'deal', that is when I changed my quantity to 2.

:)

I'll keep you posted on outcome.

So what is other's opinions on this?

I see it as 3 packs of 3 or 4 razors, as in the food area it usually states a pack of xxx, so you get 12 of the product. They did this last year or the year before on some little beanie type animals, it was for all three and I got one of them. I emailed then talked with a rep and they sent out the other two. She actually could read the ad and stated that is what she gets out of that. The price is a big indication of the product too, these were $5.99 at Target so 3 would be about $18 which is in line with their orginal $19.99 price. I guess this happens when their customer service is in India and english is their second language, interpretation can vary on how they read something.

I have bought several items that had the little Amazon.com swirl with the number on and that is how many packs of that item you should receive, you are right! Even if it was a misprint then they should have just fessed up ad said so, not try to argue that you were wrong.

I'm sorry you have gone through all of this trouble but I actually disagree with you. I read it as 1 pack of 3 razors. Yes, the $19.47 is an overinflated price but the price specifically says $7.50 ($2.50 / shaver). I understand that to mean $2.50 per razor for 3 razor which is 1 pack.

I think them stating it twice, 3-Count (pack of 3) is there way of trying to clarify that it is 3 razors but they should have found a different way of doing it. I have also seen these in the stores for around the same price and knew that aprox $7.50 is the avg price for this package. Again, sorry to disagree with you and sorry you didnt get the deal you thought you were getting but I think it was a matter of misreading the offer.

Price: $7.50 ($2.50 / shaver)

You Save: $11.97 (61%)

I'm sorry you have gone through all of this trouble but I actually disagree with you. I read it as 1 pack of 3 razors. Yes, the $19.47 is an overinflated price but the price specifically says $7.50 ($2.50 / shaver). I understand that to mean $2.50 per razor for 3 razor which is 1 pack.

I think them stating it twice, 3-Count (pack of 3) is there way of trying to clarify that it is 3 razors but they should have found a different way of doing it. I have also seen these in the stores for around the same price and knew that aprox $7.50 is the avg price for this package. Again, sorry to disagree with you and sorry you didnt get the deal you thought you were getting but I think it was a matter of misreading the offer.

Price: $7.50 ($2.50 / shaver)

You Save: $11.97 (61%)

But did you look at her other examples? Have you ever shopped on Amazon.com? When they have that little symbol on the picture that says 3 pack or whatever then that means you get that number of packs of that item. I agree it could have been a mix up but I also agree that I would have also expected to get 3 packs of 3! lol

Check this out and see what you think.....it is saying you get 6 boxes of these and they have 6 in each pack which would be 36 bags.

http://www.amazon.com/100-Calorie-Packs-Chocolate-4-68-Ounce/dp/B001FSK3IK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1262060422&sr=8-2

This is how Amazon makes it clear how many packs you get, it has been this way for years.

I agree with you. I'd expect 3 packages of the 3 count razors. My reasoning has nothing to do with the price. It says Pack of 3 which means 3 packs. The 3 count refers to the number in each pack. I've ordered a lot of items from Amazon like this, and I've always received multiple items-whatever was listed in the number of packs. Did you try talking to someone else at amazon? I've also found that different people give different information and I'm doubtful that supervisors are actually even consulted with. But anyway if the lady didn't understand what you were talking about she probably explained it wrong to the supervisor if she did talk to one so definitely call back if you can!

Here's an example that I personally ordered a lot of time:

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Kid-Original-24-Count-1-76-Ounce/dp/B000GZSDSA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1262096831&sr=1-1

Each time I get 6 boxes of the Mum Mums with 24 crisps in each box. Good luck!!

But did you look at her other examples? Have you ever shopped on Amazon.com?

Yes, I did look at her other examples, and Yes I have shopped at Amazon for a number of years. I have never had a problem with anything I have ordered. I always get exactly what I expect to get, but then again my math, reading, and comprehension seems to be different because I understand what they are offering and read the complete listing before I order anything.

I agree that the wording should be different but also think this has been blown way out of proportion over what appears to me as misreading the offer.

Okay so here is another "misprint" then!

BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor with Lube Strip For Women, 4-Count (Pack of 6)

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B00070QF0W/ref=nosim/10108121979-20

Product Features:

Triple Blade

Lavender Scented Handles

Curved Handle & Comfort Grips

Two Lube Strips

Total 24 razors

I'm siding with Noehlp on this one! You should have received 3 PACKS of razors per order (so 6 packs since you ordered 2)!

They lowered the price so I'm ordering some. I did email customer service to ask since I only want them if there are 3 packs and their reply was this:

"I checked this item "Bic Soleil Bella For Women Shaver, 3-Count (pack of 3)" on our website and see that this item comes with 3 package. Each package includes 3 razors. So, this item contains 9 razors in a package."

So you might try emailing them again to see what you can do! I'm ordering some if the price stays the same, but they won't ship until next week since they're on order.

Yes, I did look at her other examples, and Yes I have shopped at Amazon for a number of years. I have never had a problem with anything I have ordered. I always get exactly what I expect to get, but then again my math, reading, and comprehension seems to be different because I understand what they are offering and read the complete listing before I order anything

I agree that the wording should be different but also think this has been blown way out of proportion over what appears to me as misreading the offer.

Uhhh....I don't see anything being blown out of proportion? I see that Noehlp is irritated she didn't get what she ordered and that some people agree & 1 person disagree's,lol.

They lowered the price so I'm ordering some. I did email customer service to ask since I only want them if there are 3 packs and their reply was this:

"I checked this item "Bic Soleil Bella For Women Shaver, 3-Count (pack of 3)" on our website and see that this item comes with 3 package. Each package includes 3 razors. So, this item contains 9 razors in a package."

So you might try emailing them again to see what you can do! I'm ordering some if the price stays the same, but they won't ship until next week since they're on order.

This proves that noehlp got jipped. :eek:

They did submit a refund for my purchase price, which I just checked and did receive.

Here is portions of their response, portions only because I'm removing personal info & links:

Hello,

I'm so sorry the information about Bic Soleil Bella For Women Shaver, 3-Count

(pack of 3) was misleading when you placed your order and I'm really sorry this

has been a disappointing order experience for you; this doesn't normally happen.

For health and safety reasons we're unable to accept the return of Bic Soleil

Bella For Women Shaver, 3-Count (pack of 3). So there is no need to send

original order as well as original order even though we asked you to return this

item in our previous message.

As I'm unable to send you another replacement order as this item is out of stock

now, I have requested a refund for the full amount of this shipment. You'll see

the refund in the next 2-3 business days. Once processed, you'll be able to see

the refund here:

I've reported this to our technical team about this item and other items you've

mentioned in your email, and they're working on taking care of it.

We'll consider your feedback as we plan further improvements.

Customer feedback like yours really helps us continue to improve our store and

provide better service to our customers.

One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service;

in this case, we haven't met that standard. I'm truly sorry, and I hope you'll

give us another chance in the future.

It is our absolute commitment to provide you the best possible customer service.

Should you need any further assistance with this issue, please click the link

below to tell us when and where to get in touch with you, and a dedicated

customer service representative will contact you by phone to provide resolution.

I am glad that they did refund my money, though personally I would have rather gotten the other 2 packages owed.

But, it's the principle of it all. I still believe they either need to:

A) remove the image of "3 pack" on the item picture and the title of the item if they are only sending out 1 package per quantity ordered.

or B) Start sending out 3 packages per quantity ordered.

-------------

And regarding a mention of this 'being blown out of proportion', in my opinion I have not done so. This is a real problem, and I know a lot of GottaDealer's purchase from Amazon, and i feel they all should be made aware of this issue. Look at others responses so far, others also believe that if they purchase 1 quantity they would receive a pack of 3 packages.

Now, say I was to berate/belittle/name-call Amazon, cuss/swear/etc, post this all over all kinds of websites - now that, in my opinion, would be blowing it out of proportion.

All in all, I want all GD members to be informed with their purchases through Amazon similar to this, and I want what is right for all customers who make a purchase of an item that has the '3 pack' image and the wording 'Pack of 3, etc' in the item title, to get what is rightfully theirs. Otherwise Amazon needs to change the advertisement/images and stop misleading customers. In my opinion, what's going on with this is similar to false advertising.

Also, I just got off the telephone with a Customer Service Lead/Supervisor, his name is Jason.

I made sure he understand that as far as my order issue is concerned that I am personally dealt with. That the reason for my call was that this item needs to be corrected, and items like it, either on the item page or in the shipping area. He agrees that this item when ordered, each quantity would be 3 PACKAGES with each package containing 3 razors. He also told me he will be contacting the department that handles the multi-packs and explaining the situation, along with my other examples, and asking that items like this get clarified better for the customer and the packaging/shipping staff.

So I REALLY do hope that Amazon gets this issue of multi-packs resolved. Jason sounded like he really is going to get something done. I hope that this helps out people when they place future orders with Amazon similar to mine.

+1 for the consumer! :)

Okay so here is another "misprint" then!

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B00070QF0W/ref=nosim/10108121979-20

Product Features:

Triple Blade

Lavender Scented Handles

Curved Handle & Comfort Grips

Two Lube Strips

Total 24 razors

I'm siding with Noehlp on this one! You should have received 3 PACKS of razors per order (so 6 packs since you ordered 2)!

I dont see this one as a misprint. It's clear as day that you get 24 razors with this one.

I'm just glad the issue is finally getting worked on so hopefully everyone will have the same understanding of what they are ordering. Life is too short for all these issues, especially over some razors!

I dont see this one as a misprint. It's clear as day that you get 24 razors with this one.

The "misprint" is that they are calling what noehlp got was a "misprint", so I was claiming the one I posted must be a "misprint" also, guess I should have added a sarcastic button or something. Or aka, the shippers can't read what is supposed to be included!

The only difference between the 2 razors is noehlp does not list 9 razors total, and the one I posted does. The titles are exactly written the same way...meaning the same darn thing, you get 3 packs of 3 razors for a total of 9 razors for noehlp. If I ordered the link I posted it would be 6 packs of 4 razors for a total of 24. They both say xx razors (pack of xx).

Anyway...Noehlp I'm glad they got it sorted out. I sure hope Jason gets it straightened out with their shippers or writers so they both uinderstand what goes in the package!

Wow, that is extremely misleading. Props on going through with complaining to them and making sure they get it right. I'd have been pretty pissed myself.

ditto, i would have just complained once and returned them or gotten a refund end of story. glad op is being a bigger person and trying to avoid this from happening to someone else AND giving us the heads up.

OH NO, i ordered this too...It hasnt shipped yet but figure if I ask them to cancel it now they will probalby mess up my free shipping..

I'm moving my discussion over here, since, basically the 'deal' isn't really a deal any more.

Here's a link to the whole thread I"m talking about: HERE

Okay, here's what I initially ordered:

Here is what has occurred so far:

I thought and thought about it, and realized you know what? I'm right! I should have gotten 6 packages total! Here's my response to their lovely email asking if their customer service rep had solved my issue when I called earlier today:

Otherwise, they really need to quit the false advertisements. I really can't believe I'm going to all this work for some stinking razors, but it's the principle of it all. And hopefully they can get this figured out for future customers who place future orders with them that state "pack of XXX"

Very very misleading. 3 in a pack is very different from a 3 pack. They need to change their descriptions and pictures. I am thankful that you are getting your $ back.

Also, I dealt with amazon customer service last week about some Christmas lights. They were listed as battery operated, and all of the reviews said that they were electric. The customer service person told me click on the link at the bottom of the product description that says "Would you like to give feedback on images?"

I had never even noticed this statement before customer service pointed it out to me. She said that the marketing dept will generally change the description or image within a day or 2 if it is wrong or misleading.

OH NO, i ordered this too...It hasnt shipped yet but figure if I ask them to cancel it now they will probalby mess up my free shipping..

I ordered last week and I just received mine today-there was 3 packs too so it was a great deal! $5.50 for 9 razors! Hopefully everyone's orders are correct!