Need 3 links to 3 laptops

Price under $900, needs to have XP Pro, DVD drive, wired ethernet, wireless 802.11g, modem, and come with Microsoft Office. Graphics are no concern, RAM can be 256MB and be ok, HDD size around 30 or 40GB. I'm horrible when it comes to looking for this stuff, and I know someone here enjoys that sort of thing :)

Oh, and by 3 links I was hoping to get 3 different manufacturers.

From Dell Small Business:

Dell Inspiron 2200

14.1" LCD

512MB Ram

40GB Hdd

Dell 802.11b/g internal

XP Pro

MS Office Basic

$897

I would call in, and speak to a rep, though. They will give you a price break if you haggle a bit, and usually bump you to free next day shipping, just to clinch the deal.

Good news: Dell.com and HPShopping.com should meet your criteria although you may need to wait for some better coupons to be released.

Bad news: Unless you can drop the Windows XP Professional and Office requirements, your only two choices are Dell and HP BTO from their web sites.

CircuitCity.com has a nice deal on the HP Pavilion ZE2113US for $649.99 after $250 rebates.

Notebook performance: The AMD Mobile Sempron™ 2800+ 1.6GHz processor and 512MB of DDR memory provide plenty of power and speed. The 60GB hard drive lets you store whatever you would like to keep.

PowerNow!™ technology: This technology conserves energy when possible, adjusting processor performance to meet the demands of applications. The result is a cooler and quieter-running notebook with extended battery life.

Bright display: This 15.0” XGA TFT display employs both TFT active matrix and BrightView technologies to provide an exceptionally bright, clear picture.

Combo drive: The double-layer DVD+/-R/RW drive lets you record up to 8.5GB of information on just one double-layer disc. This versatile drive also writes to CD.

Enhanced wireless: Connect to a network or the Web with built-in 802.11g/b wireless capability. SpeedBooster and BroadRange support give your 802.11g connection up to 50% more range than competing technologies.

Get connected: Two USB 2.0 ports and an S-Video-out port will let you connect to a TV as well as your favorite peripherals.

Cool graphics and audio: The ATI Radeon™ Express 200M IGP graphics card and built-in Altec Lansing speakers will make your movies, games and other applications look and sound outstanding.

Software bundle:

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home with SP2, Works, Works, Money, Office 2003 Student/Teacher Edition trial version, Media Player and MSN Encarta Plus

Norton® Internet Security 2005™ (with 60 days of live update)

Sonic Digital Media Studio

Muvee AutoProducer DVD Edition

InterVideo™ Home Theater and WinDVD Player

HP Image Zone Plus

Apple® iTunes® and Music Store

Adobe® Acrobat® Reader®

I can't drop the requirements. There is a lawyer here who is leaving for school for a year and these are the requirements straight form the school. He doesn't want to pay over $900, and I told him I would see what I could do. After an hour of looking and customizing I didn't come up with much, but I figured you guys would come to the rescue. I guess I will tell him he needs to up his budget.

Use the 40% off Inspiron coupon code, and get this deal for $693.60 + tax.

Inspiron 2200 Intel® Pentium® M Processor 725 (1.60 GHz/2MB Cache/400 MHz FSB)

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional

LCD Panel 14.1in XGA Display

Memory 256MB,Onboard Shared DDR,1 DIMM

Hard Drive 40GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive

Network Card Integrated Network Card

Modem Internal 56K Modem

Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0

Combo/DVD+RW Drives 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive

Wireless Networking Card FREE! Dell 1370 Internal Wireless (802.11b/g, 54Mbps)

Office Productivity Software Microsoft Office Basic - Includes Outlook, Word, Excel,

Security Software No Security Subscription

Digital Music Musicmatch® Jukebox Basic

Primary Battery 8-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (65 WHr)

Carrying Cases Large Backpack Carrying Case

Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 90 Days Ltd Warranty, 90 Days Mail-In Service, and 90 Days Technical Spt

Dial-Up Internet Access 6 Months America Online Internet Access Included

Digital Imaging Photo Album™ SE Basic

Miscellaneous Award Winning Service & Support

Financial Software No QuickBooks package selected- Includes limited use trial

Dell Media Experience Dell™ Media Experience

After an hour of looking and customizing I didn't come up with much, but I figured you guys would come to the rescue.

and we always do, how about $678.60?

Thanks to mrn8 for the idea :)

The lawyer should take advantage of this ASAP before the coupon expires and they become another victim of "you snooze, you lose".

• Click here
  • Scroll down, down, down and click More Details underneath the Inspiron 2200.
  • Make these changes:

Intel® Pentium® M Processor 725 (1.60 GHz/2MB Cache/400 MHz FSB) [add $100 or $3/month2]

Microsoft Windows XP Professional [add $119 or $4/month2]

Microsoft Office Basic - Includes Outlook, Word, Excel, [add $149 or $5/month2]

No Security Subscription [subtract $79]

• Click Continie, Continue and Add to Cart
  • Copy/paste coupon code CXFLV5J8Q4?LBV to save 40%!!!
  • $1,131.00 - 40% (452.40) = $678.60

You're welcome, I'm glad they offer the Pentium-M CPU as an option.

Don't forget about the

• FREE Dell 720 color inkjet printer
  • FREE Dell 1370 Internal Wireless (802.11b/g, 54Mbps)

DO NOT upgrade to 512MB RAM for $100, instead buy RAM from NewEgg.com or Crucial.com

Crucial.com charges $36 instead of $100 for an additional 256MB RAM, that's quite a difference

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?model=Inspiron+2200&tabid=AM

son of a... guy waited until TODAY and it says the coupon has already been redeemed!!!!

DOH just saw the 35% off, its still under $900

I would do what Rossman said with the RAM, but he has NO technical ability and will be 1000 miles away when the laptop comes in.