Delstar Netbook

amani

Did anyone else pick up this itty bitty netbook? I placed one in the layaway for my 7yr to play games on-line and I just wanted to know your opinions about it.

Thanks

I did, though it wasn't Delstar when I picked it up on BF... it was an Augen. I ended up returning it within an hour.

I was fully aware that it ran Windows CE. I'm a software developer of 30+ years and a mobile platform developer for 10. I've worked with various versions of WinCE and Windows Mobile. The WinCE on this netbook is the absolute worst that I've seen. They've included 3 media players. Although it claims to have wifi capabilities, it does not support encrypted (WEP, WPA, etc.) wifi.

As I expected, it has a very basic version of Pocket Internet Explorer. It had trouble with any website more complex than the classic Google search webpage.

My expectations of the device were absolutely rock-bottom... I was interested in experimenting with the "office suite" that comes preloaded. This device fell short of my expectations. :eek::yuck: