The Final Word for BF items

JasonAnna09

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm confused. I don't plan on getting there til around 3 a.m. but I'm only going for the hot wheels and transformers sets. Will I need a ticket, or are the tickets just for things like tv's? Do I just do what I've done every year and head back to toys and wait?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm confused. I don't plan on getting there til around 3 a.m. but I'm only going for the hot wheels and transformers sets. Will I need a ticket, or are the tickets just for things like tv's? Do I just do what I've done every year and head back to toys and wait?

For TV s and such.

Head to toys and wait.

I'm wondering how many people are at Walmart right now. We are leaving soon but I'm starting to freak out that I'm too late. I'm going to a Walmart on the opposite side of town from where all the other shopping is so that should help. I was pretty much the first one there last year around 2:00.

I'm very sick :( and cannot go shopping so my dh and 2 oldest children went for me. When we called about 15 minutes ago we were told they were not doing the ticket system. They did not want a line to form until 3 am. Then at 5 am an associate will hand the "item" to the people standing around. This a super walmart, actually the biggest walmart in the nation, I believe. If it is chaos my family will just come back home, nothing there is worth fighting over.

Just got back from one of my Walmarts. The closest one would not sell "all day friday" items at Midnight. The other one did. It was very peaceful in the store and there was actually nobody in line for any of the blitz items. It is setup nicely though.

I called our local Walmart around 10:30 pm Thursday and was told "all day Friday" items would be that price starting at midnight. Went a little after midnight and they didn't have any of it out on the floor. I asked a few associates where the Nintendo DS lites were going to be at 5 and they had no idea. Someone else was asking about laptops and was told they wouldn't know for sure until 3 when the maps came out. Basically just a LOT of associates standing around doing absolutely nothing. None of them seemed to have been told anything. Very disorganized and a waste of my time. This was in mid-MO.

I'm in line right now for the cheap computer and boyfriend is in line for the 32" TV. I'm 10th in line and he's 2nd. They cut our line off at 14 and roped off the area since 14 was all they had. We are all taking turned getting other items around the store. Everything for the most part is out and up for grabs! I've already grabbed all the dvds I wanted, digi pic frame, and jammies. Just waiting for 5am for our big items. Nothing will ring up until 5am they said.

It is 1:16am here, I go in to work at WM at 4am...my coworker just texted me and said they were handing out tickets to those in line. Sad, most stores should be on the same page.

Tickets were not handed out @ the Super WM in Shrewsury, PA - a bunch of long lines & then a fight to the doorbusters. I don't know if they gave out tickets for the TV's & laptops/computers, but they didn't for the DS & other items that were around my wife.

Our wal-mart was a free for all. They let my aunt put a blu ray player in her cart at 1:00 and go shop. It was like that all over the store. All the pallets were completely unwrapped no later than 3:00. They had lines for tickets for the big TVs and then discovered as they were sitting on pallets in an accessible part of the store, people had just loaded up the TVs themselves in their carts. It was a total mess. Took me an hour just to check out, that's not including the time in line before the checkout opened at 5. I've never been out of wal-mart later than 5:15 before.

I got to my store at 4 to get in line for the camcorder. Never ever ever has that store been PACKED at 4 am!! This was my 6th year in a row going and normally the store doesn't even begin to look busy until 4:30. There were already 40+ people in the camcorder line and people were screaming at me that they already handed out the tickets. ALL the toys were out already and the pallets of the hot items weren't even out yet. I wasn't going to stand around when pallets were placed all over the store when the aisles were already filled to the brim with shoppers. I got the toys I wanted, shot out of there and went to Sams where I got almost the same camcorder. Sams was much more calmer.

I'm sure in theory it's a better system but I guess with the economy in a slump many more people shopped this Black Friday. Target was a mad house also when it normally isn't. It took me 50 minutes and snaking around the store just to check out.