Where is best to get HDMI Cables and a surge protector

racerfan

My friend just bought a Sony 46inch LCD TV with Blu Ray from Sears. Where is the best place to get HDMI Cables and also a surge protector. He bought 2 cables and a surger protector from Sears and it was over $100:eek: I told him you guys could tell me where to get it cheaper:D Thanks

Amazon has good prices for HDMI cables. If you do a little research about these cables, you'll find the brands (ex. Monster) sold in stores like Sears and Best Buy are total rip offs. With analog cables, the quality of the cable greatly effected picture/sound quality. This is not true of digital cables like HDMI. With a digital cable, either it carries the signal or it doesn't. There is no in between. You can get HDMI cables for under $10. For more information about HDMI cables, cnet has a great guide. Search "hdmi cables" on their website. I would include the URL to their guide, but I'm not able to post links yet.

Walmart has some for $10 and Overstock had 2 packs for $5. Overstock had a lot of different options that were really really cheap. Search there first. If it's out of stock, set a reminder right on that page for when it comes back in. They are in and out multiple times within hours sometimes, if not a day or two.