Difference between Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST

jhaferm

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but can someone tell me the difference between Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST? I am trying to order this but I don't know which one to get. My boys just said Halo. Do you have to have or is it better to have Halo 3 first? We don't have any of the Halo series.

Thanks!

My DH has all of the Halo games and said to tell you....

Halo 3 you play as a Spartan and get to finish the trilogy of Halo.

Halo ODST is a side game with different Characters with different abilities. Plus you also get all of Halo 3's multi-player maps on an extra disk. With Halo ODST you can play a firefight mode which is fun with friends. And with Halo ODST your sons will be able to participate in the Halo Reach Beta in the spring. (DH is excited about this)

DH recommends getting Halo ODST because there are more options for the boys to play.

A few stores will have Halo ODST for $39.99 during black friday, including Target.

Hope that helps!

My DH has all of the Halo games and said to tell you....

Halo 3 you play as a Spartan and get to finish the trilogy of Halo.

Halo ODST is a side game with different Characters with different abilities. Plus you also get all of Halo 3's multi-player maps on an extra disk. With Halo ODST you can play a firefight mode which is fun with friends. And with Halo ODST your sons will be able to participate in the Halo Reach Beta in the spring. (DH is excited about this)

DH recommends getting Halo ODST because there are more options for the boys to play.

A few stores will have Halo ODST for $39.99 during black friday, including Target.

Hope that helps!

Since Halo is a series, should I buy all of them? I am getting them an xbox too so they don't have anything yet. What about Halo Wars?

Since Halo is a series, should I buy all of them? I am getting them an xbox too so they don't have anything yet. What about Halo Wars?

Hi jhaferm, I asked DH your question and he said Halo 1 and Halo 2 are good games and are good if they want to know more about the games story, but that they don't need them to play the game or to understand what is going on. And they can be purchased used for a good price. (Gamestop will have their used games Buy 2 Get 1 free Thanksgiving weekend.)

He thinks Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST is a great way to go.

Halo Wars is a different type of Halo game, it is Halo, but more of a Real time Strategy Game and not a First Person Shooter. DH played a demo of Halo Wars and likes the game, but not enough to buy it.

You can get Halo Wars used or wait until after your boys play the other two and then consider buying it.

You can also buy Halo3 and Halo Wars toys. They have Halo Wars Mega Bloks and they are kinda cool. Even my DH wants them!:yup:

http://www.megabrands.com/en/kids/halowars/

Hi jhaferm, I asked DH your question and he said Halo 1 and Halo 2 are good games and are good if they want to know more about the games story, but that they don't need them to play the game or to understand what is going on. And they can be purchased used for a good price. (Gamestop will have their used games Buy 2 Get 1 free Thanksgiving weekend.)

He thinks Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST is a great way to go.

Halo Wars is a different type of Halo game, it is Halo, but more of a Real time Strategy Game and not a First Person Shooter. DH played a demo of Halo Wars and likes the game, but not enough to buy it.

You can get Halo Wars used or wait until after your boys play the other two and then consider buying it.

You can also buy Halo3 and Halo Wars toys. They have Halo Wars Mega Bloks and they are kinda cool. Even my DH wants them!:yup:

http://www.megabrands.com/en/kids/halowars/

Thanks! Tell your DH he has helped me a lot. I am going to get the Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST and get the other Halo's used. Are there any other games of this type that are good? Also, does your DH use a headset and if so is one better than another? And last, is there a good charger for the controllers or are batteries ok? Sorry for all of the questions!

Thanks! Tell your DH he has helped me a lot. I am going to get the Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST and get the other Halo's used. Are there any other games of this type that are good? Also, does your DH use a headset and if so is one better than another? And last, is there a good charger for the controllers or are batteries ok? Sorry for all of the questions!

My DH uses a headset alot when he play XBOX Live, and he just bought the XBOX headset that is $19.99. They have a more expensive one, but he said the one that he got works just fine. As far as batteries, we just use regular AA rather than a charger, but DH is getting rechargable batteries in his stocking this year ;) I have heard with video game controllers, regular Duracell/Rayovac/Energizer batteries are better than the charging docks. Hope that helps :)

My DH uses a headset alot when he play XBOX Live, and he just bought the XBOX headset that is $19.99. They have a more expensive one, but he said the one that he got works just fine. As far as batteries, we just use regular AA rather than a charger, but DH is getting rechargable batteries in his stocking this year ;) I have heard with video game controllers, regular Duracell/Rayovac/Energizer batteries are better than the charging docks. Hope that helps :)

Thanks!