Item Added for BF - $197 HP Laptop!

dad2trips

I'm new to the site and to black friday in general. This item has the "early bird" symbol and says it's only available for a limited time. Can anyone clarify that for me, i.e., what times it will be available? Thanks, and happy shopping!

I'm new to the site and to black friday in general. This item has the "early bird" symbol and says it's only available for a limited time. Can anyone clarify that for me, i.e., what times it will be available? Thanks, and happy shopping!

Best buy stores open at 5am on Friday and depending on where you live, you may need to wait in line for approx 12-36hrs. You'll get a ticket for any "doorbuster" items like this laptop and I believe you have until 1pm to claim any item you have a ticket for and if you don't, it will go back out on the shelf.

eMachine's=Gateway=Acer. I'll take a Acer laptop over a HP any day!

Maybe we've been lucky, but our family has had an HP laptop and 2 eMachines desktops for 3 years now and we've never had any trouble with them. I have however had lots of trouble with Gateways and the Acer I bought also 3 years ago.

Maybe we've been lucky, but our family has had an HP laptop and 2 eMachines desktops for 3 years now and we've never had any trouble with them. I have however had lots of trouble with Gateways and the Acer I bought also 3 years ago.

I've had a few emachines desktops form BB BF sales and they've worked great for $150-$190 pc's. I was impressed that they had such high quality components in them.

As someone who lives on computers (software developer of over 30 years) my own personal experience mirrors the consensus everyone here.... that there are no clear-cut better or worse machines. I've had higher end HP dv9000 die within 6 months. I've had numerous Dell machines go casters-up as well. The only consistently good machines that I've seen have been the BF specials (regardless of maker)... eMachine, HP, Compaq, Acer, Gateway, and Toshiba. All that those systems needed were a RAM upgrade.

Obviously YMMV.

Okay, the new laptop at $197 stated earlier not in stores and coming soon... me poor peepers are being held open by really good blu-ray movies I haven't seen in a while ( highly recommend Man of Honor) now, BB, for all that is Holy, I've been very very good this year - RELEASE THE BLASTED THING SO I CAN GET SLEEP! Happy Holidays ...

Good For You BlackFrdayVet - Love the name! I was so hoping to get everything I wanted/needed online ... alas, poor planning on my part left me one item short-LOL! I know the web flyer said "in store" but when that laptop was pulled up on the website it said "not avail. in store and coming soon" since I got the rest of the much needed doorbusters I thought ... maybe ... certainly ... just one more little ol' item...Wrong - now, I just gotta wait for next weekend and see what BB get in -lol...Good times!