Link for Big Ticket Maps

kklracing

Was at WalMart today and eavesdropped on the employee meeting where they were simulating the line for section G in the shoe department (at least at my store). I spoke with the store manager afterwards and asked him what was the plan. He told me about the map and the availability of maps on walmart.com. I asked what time to stand in line. He said (at this particular store) they weren't even going to start making the ropes for the lines until 2am Friday and they would allow no lines before the ropes were up. They will also give out tickets. At my store they are supposed to have 110 eMachine laptops. Once the 110 tix are distributed there are no more - but if you have a ticket you still have to stand in line until 5 am when they start ringing you up unless you get a 15 min. bathroom pass. I also overheard one item per family. Not sure what to do if you want a hot ticket item from two different sections...I forgot to ask about that.

Please make sure you have a map and know where the items are. If there are things not big ticket items you want associates will have maps with everything on them and they will be able to tell you where the other things are.

I am sooo glad I decided to go to WM in the smaller town on the way to the larger area where the other stores are... Eight out of the ten items shown will be all in one main aisle there-- as opposed to the newly remodeled store in the bigger town, where they're all over the place!! Kinda makes me wonder if maybe my store's planning one BIG line for those items and handing out tickets to whatever item(s) you're wanting from those 8... hmmm, might have to stop by and see if I can find out!

I just hope they don't try to crowd the pallets of "little" stuff in between those-- talk about some major chaos!! lol

The DS Lites are not on the big ticket map , so I called my local Walmart. They Customer Service girl told me that they would be handing them out somewhere in the store, instead of just sitting them out on a pallet. She also said there is a limit of 1. I needed 2. Anyone else heard anything about a limit?