Cricut Personal Expression Cutter sale

TerReuv

Does anyone know about this sale? I was checking online at Walmart.com to see what the regular prices were and it says that these are not available in store. So, I guess that they are going to have them in the store specifically for BF? Does anyone know anything about this? I will order online if I can since it is not a Doorbuster, but an all day Friday but wanted to check first. My mom is getting it for my sil and she is hesitant to order something and then find out later that they were out and she won't be getting it and then it is no longer on sale. This happened one year with a monitor and now she is very cautious!

I looked online as well to see the regular price, but I've been shopping at both my local walmarts in the last few days and they BOTH actually carry it, as well as the CREATE version and the one that Michael's/Joann's has on sale. Not sure why it says they aren't available in store since both stores had places on the shelves for them and they looked like they were carried year round. Might be that not all Walmarts carry them or that very few carry them. I'd assume if it was just for Black Friday that I wouldn't have found them already out and in the middle of the scrapbooking stuff.

So do the cricut personal and expression use the same cartridges. What does the expression do that the personal doesn't? I really want one but that is a lot of money to spend on just me. Thanks

Steph3306

I think it depends what you want to use it for. Personally I have the Create which is the smaller size, but has features like the Expressions (fit to page, flip, potrait, etc). I am more of an on-the-go scrapper and always going to crops, so I don't want to lug around the large one with all my other stuff. I also don't really need to cut really big stuff. The Create will be $100 at Big Lots. If your machine will stay stationary or you need to cut bigger items then you will probably want the Expression. I would say I wouldn't buy the original baby bug because it lacks the extra features.

I love, love, love my Expressions and if I had the money I would get this deal just because of the colors and how much I use it. I use it not only to scrapbook but I am a teacher. I also use it with my kids when they have projects. Just the other night my 6 year old had to make a "New" Mayflower. So we cut out the Luxury Liner on the Life is a Beach cart and put it on the poster and cut out the words, The New Mayflower. My daughter loves it! I paid $250 for mine, so this is a steal.

I have the smaller one. I think joanns is going to have it for $75 or something like that on bf. I can't cut the big sizes, but I don't normally do that anyway. There's a few features I don't have, but aren't really that necessary. If I do need something specially cut that requires a expression or the special features, my local store will cut it for me if I buy the paper there. Or at crops many places have them available for free use. They all use the same cartridges.

This is an incredible price for the expression. I'm really tempted, but I'm an on the go scrapper myself and don't want to lug the big one around.

I am so excited for this deal. i have been wanting one for a while but couldnt bring myself to spend the money. hard to pass up at this price and my SIL is going in on it with me since I told her it would cut Vinyl to put things on her walls. Can't wait! now just gotta decide on a color..... exited to see what cartridges are on sale too.

Sorry to change the subject. What does everyone think of the Cricut Version 1 Machine advertized in the current AC Moore ad for Sunday thru Wednesday circular. It is listed at $98.99 down from $199.99

http://www.acmoore.com/images/upload/week%2047_09vera.pdf

I dont know much about the Cricut, but there are so many deals with it this season, my Sister and I are joining together to get one to start something we have been putting off for years. The one at Walmart really has us interested but we dont know if we will be able to get one.

Thanks

Edited by racerfan