Couple Gifts

sfurmato

I need help coming up with ideas for couple gifts. they are for my brother/sisters and spouses. My sister makes up a family calendar every year w/ann. and bdays and saves $$$ because each calendar is like $5. i have a million little ones to buy for PLUS their parents. I need to save as much $$ as possible and wouldn't mind some kind of personalized item for each couple. what would be a thoughtful gift that they, as a family, can use everyday and costs less then $15 to buy?

I agree that games make great gifts for this type of gift.

One year we did a basket of different flavored syrups we found at TJ Max , pancake mix, and a couple of hot pads from Wal-mart.

The last time they visited we took them to buy some of their favorite flavors.

I need help coming up with ideas for couple gifts. they are for my brother/sisters and spouses. My sister makes up a family calendar every year w/ann. and bdays and saves $$$ because each calendar is like $5. i have a million little ones to buy for PLUS their parents. I need to save as much $$ as possible and wouldn't mind some kind of personalized item for each couple. what would be a thoughtful gift that they, as a family, can use everyday and costs less then $15 to buy?

I make calendars every year & I'd be interested in knowing how she makes calendars for $5. I have printed them myself and they use up A LOT of ink & good paper is not cheap. I've also ordered them online and I have never found them for $5. And if you make them completely from scratch yourself it takes a lot of time.

One of my favorite couple gifts was from my gma a few years ago. She went to Things Remembered and had a small oval plaque made...it had our last name and then had est. in July 1996 which was when we were married :) Another one that I loved was some goblets (a 4 pack from wm is less than 10) that they had hand painted with polka dots!! I loved them, needless to say, they didn't survive our move :(

you could make up a basket of all things hot...get a button of each of them those buttons with the pic inside

i saw on amazon you can get a** kickin peanut butter

pranut butter with pepper flavor i guess

make some cinnamon popcorn

different hot sauces

or make each of them their own basket

slipper socks from the dollar store

cheap gloves

cute socks

a scarf maybe

i saw at target $ spot those popcorn scones get that put a movie inside

make some gourmet popcorn put in there also some good chocolate for a movie night at home

this would be hilarious

i dont remember where but B F somebody is having the snuggli for 4.99 get 2 then pin or sew on letters on each of them i'm with ,then an arrow pointing. do the other one the same way.they could wear them together!!!

how old are they?

Edited by dealluvr
add

My neice once gave us a nice, big ceramic bowl with popcorn, popcorn salt, etc in it and tied a free trial to netflix on the ribbon. The netflix trials she got free from them that year by just downloading it.

I now buy for my great neices and nephews and just give a gift card to their parents for Pizza so they don't have to cook one night! My sister gives them a gift card to the movies, so that takes care of a night out for the parents!

I make calendars through shutterfly each year and usually can get them for about $10 a piece including shipping if you do them during their sales.

You could make up a small photo/memory book with pictures of yourselves when you were little or if you have kids use current pics of your kids. You could make them yourself and have it bound somewhere or use hole punches and ribbon. I've found that if you catch the good sales at Shutterfly, it's usually cheaper though (they have a lot of buy one get the rest half off and things like that around the holidays plus free shipping). But you could put the books in a dollar store decorative container filled with a bag of popcorn, movie coupon, homemade cookies, fudge, things like that. Personally I love photos, so I always like making photo books and calendars and things like that. My family loves them especially when I dig out the old photos and stuff. It makes for happy memories for the whole family!

I give couples gift each year and spend about $10. Of course, I start shopping 12/26 for the next Christmas but there are deals to be had all year.

Here are some of the gifts I have for couples this year. These are still available - 20% off with the code NOVPRVT & free shipping on $75 or more.

http://www.pfaltzgraff.com/holiday-garland-cheese-tray-dome/418M3100,default,pd.html?cgid=specials

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaci_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-Pfaltzgraff-Site/Sites-pfaltzgraff_catalog/default/v1258754956308/productimages/thumbnail/418M3100_t.jpg

http://www.pfaltzgraff.com/evening-sun-sled-tray-server/474C6200,default,pd.html?cgid=specials

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaci_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-Pfaltzgraff-Site/Sites-pfaltzgraff_catalog/default/v1258754956308/productimages/thumbnail/474C6200_t.jpg

http://www.pfaltzgraff.com/solid-color-collection-wine-chiller/5042240,default,pd.html?cgid=specials

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaci_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-Pfaltzgraff-Site/Sites-pfaltzgraff_catalog/default/v1258754956308/productimages/thumbnail/5042240_t.jpg

There are more items available.

If you drink Coke or know someone who does use the rewards points to buy gift. My daughter has done most of her shopping this way. She has gotten the tweens phone skins, couples Blockbuster movie baskets, picture ornaments, photo books, women & men magazines. Coke has saved her a ton on her Christmas shopping. The vending machine vendor at my son in laws work gives him the codes off the packaging when he fills the machines. So you really don't have to drink all the Coke just become creative in collecting the points.

I wanted to add to my previous post about the photo books just in case someone was interested-Snapfish just sent out a code for 50% off all their photobooks that's good until Nov. 24th. (I think Shutterfly's quality is a little better, but sometimes snapfish gives an additional 25% off items when you buy exact duplicates of the same thing).

Maybe use like a TAKE-YOU-Back Theme...

It may sound a little "corny" but for some of the couples/families you know best......could you compile a CD of their own family favorites? This will probably be pretty cheap, depending on what songs you have on computer/what cd's you own..

-like xmas song you heard when your sister/brother FELL off of Santas lap and hit her head...

-the couples wedding song

-song your mom always sang around the house...

-song that was playing when you and she celebrated (legally with a drink) your 21st b-day

-popular song the year when her 1st baby was born

-silly song that your nephew sings whenever you drive him anywhere...etc...

I know most people have MP3 players, but maybe she could pop this in her car and I think It'd be pretty special....I know I'd like one.

Since this would be a memory-type gift, I'd definitely DIG up a few old pictures, of you and her/him if you aren't real crafty, just make a small album of 5-8 pics and tie with lacy ribbon..even get one with the kids in it (which actually wouldn't be that old, but make it sepia/ or b & w and make it look aged..).

And then if you could maybe buy "classic" or nostalia (not sure of word I need) version of her favorite game as a child...

I think I have seen Scrabble, or monopoly in old old looking editions....and if they are too much $ maybe just a new one of her favorite (hers may actually be warn out...)

maybe I'll think of something else to go with later..

I stopped by Walgreens tonight and thought about this thread when I saw these nice candle holders in the Christmas isle. They were a brownish color with etched shapes so the light show through, but the best thing was the sayings they had on them about family and friends. Really touching. They were $6.99. The size was about 6" tall and 4" around. They would make a nice gift with a small pillar candle inside.