Separate Transactions

dbaby4ever

Last year I was able to make my purchases in three separate transactions to use my gift cards under the excuse of picking up stuff for other people (which I was so it wasn't a lie). I want to get the XBox 360 w/ $50 gc. Will they give me the $10 gc too? Or should I ask to ring up the XBox get the $50 gc then ring up another transaction using the $50 gc to get the $10 gc for the purchase (hope that makes sense :cheesy:)? Would they let me do this or does it depend on the clerk and if I can slip it by him/her?

I would try ringing up just the Xbox in one transaction. If they won't let you do another transaction after that you could "remember" that you forgot to pick up something, and go to a different check out line. It may take you a little longer, but then you could try to use the gift card on the 2nd (and subsequent) transactions. It is possible that Target might set their computers to not accept the $50 gift cards the same day. I'm not sure if they do that or not. I know when I get the free $10 card at the pharmacy for transferring a prescription I do use it the same day at the main registers.