Which front-load HE washer/dryer under ~$1000?

smmellott

Just bought my Samsung set at Lowes this morning!!!! I didn't get the pedestals yet as I only brought in money from cashing my last 6 paychecks yesterday. LOL So I'll get those this week if I have enough left from BF. They are delivering them on Wed afternoon! WOOT!

Just bought my Samsung set at Lowes this morning!!!! I didn't get the pedestals yet as I only brought in money from cashing my last 6 paychecks yesterday. LOL So I'll get those this week if I have enough left from BF. They are delivering them on Wed afternoon! WOOT!

Great! I get mine delivered on Monday - I waited until after the weekend because we want to redo the floor before we put the new washer and dryer in the laundry room. I am not getting the pedestals. I just can't see spending that much money on them when I really don't need them. I know they make it so you don't have to bend down quite so far to load/unload but for what they cost, I'll do a little bending! :)

Susie

I'm curious as why you guys bought the Sammy vs Whirlpool or Maytag...was it the $100 difference or something else. Had a heart to heart with the Lows guy yest and he was pushing the Sammy, too. Said is was a better macnhine! The way I look at it, Samsung makes DVD players and LCD TV's. They have not been in the Major Apliance buisness as long as the others....any thoughts?

We have a Samsung front loader washer and dryer and absolutely love it!! I've had a Samsung microwave I bought at Kmart about 11 years ago and it's been a great microwave....never had a problem and it gets used lots for leftovers and hot chocolate.:)

I'm curious as why you guys bought the Sammy vs Whirlpool or Maytag...was it the $100 difference or something else. Had a heart to heart with the Lows guy yest and he was pushing the Sammy, too. Said is was a better macnhine! The way I look at it, Samsung makes DVD players and LCD TV's. They have not been in the Major Apliance buisness as long as the others....any thoughts?

I got the Samsung over the others because with all the reviews I read on various sites about the different machines, the Samsung reviews were always a lot higher and more customer satisfaction. I am sure they are all good but when the reviews are so good (and higher) on a set (especially at $100 cheaper) I figured they would be the best choice for me.

Rightly or wrongly, people love them and that works for me!

I wanted to share the deal I got today. Went to Lowes today. They carry the Home Depot Maytag washer/ dryer set that is advertised for $599 for red and $499 for white in the paper this week. Lowes price matched for the Maytags and added another 10% off (they beat all competitors prices by 10%). So I got the white Maytags for $449 each. I added the extended warranty for $159 (it was $99 per item at Home Depot) and delivery was scheduled for this Wednesday. I had been on the Home Depot site earlier and their earliest delivery was 12/21. Free delivery, set up and removal of old washer/ dryer.

So, over the Home Depot sale price I saved an additional $140 ($50 off each unit and $40 savings on the extended warranty). If anyone was on the fence, this is a very good deal.

I wanted to share the deal I got today. Went to Lowes today. They carry the Home Depot Maytag washer/ dryer set that is advertised for $599 for red and $499 for white in the paper this week. Lowes price matched for the Maytags and added another 10% off (they beat all competitors prices by 10%). So I got the white Maytags for $449 each. I added the extended warranty for $159 (it was $99 per item at Home Depot) and delivery was scheduled for this Wednesday. I had been on the Home Depot site earlier and their earliest delivery was 12/21. Free delivery, set up and removal of old washer/ dryer.

So, over the Home Depot sale price I saved an additional $140 ($50 off each unit and $40 savings on the extended warranty). If anyone was on the fence, this is a very good deal.

Can you post the link for this please? :)

Here is the link to the ad (it's on the Home Depot website under "local ad"). These are on the first page-they are red in the picture. When you click on the picture, it brings up your options ($599 for red or $499 for white).

http://homedepot.shoplocal.com/homedepot/default.aspx?action=entryflash&categoryId=523472&cookies=true&THD_MINICART=1&THD_MINILIST=0&THD_USERREF=192317453&THD_USERREGTYPE=anonymous

Samsung was smart and expanded their business outlook years ago... after research (and development) they entered other markets and have been very successful in them. It's not like they just changed their minds one day and said "hey, I think instead of a VCR we should make a washing machine"

I work in the appliance service field, the ONLY brand to consider is Whirlpool (which is also Sears and Maytag) Stay away from the LG and Samsung's, pure junk. Good for my business though but there is no way I would reccomend them. Whirlpool is also American owned and made here.

The only front load laundry sets made in the US are the new Bosch Vision sets. I do believe the Whirlpool dryer is made here, but not the washer.

hey mdcrimm..I tried that angle an my local Lowes and my guy said that they wouldn't give the extra 10% because HD does not stock the item in store (which mined doesn't) rather keep it in a warehouse...he said he would match but not give extra 10% GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!

I just purchased the samsung steam washer dryer pair for 1100 from best buy and I am

amazed how clean my clothes are, love this pair because I just tell it how dirty my clothes are and the machine does the rest,I to had read neg. reviews all I can say is use right detergent,have it installed using right cords, you to will love them.:)

The only front load laundry sets made in the US are the new Bosch Vision sets. I do believe the Whirlpool dryer is made here, but not the washer.

I looked at the Maytag model at Lowes last night and inside each was a decal that said they were designed, engineering and built in America, although I guess technically Mexico is in North America. Lowes said if I brought in a HD ad they would price match and give the 10% difference. Anyone know if I took a 10% off coupon if it would stack? The 5 yr service plan is an additional $159. The Sears 3 year service plan is over $300.

Of course I am going to let my wife decide as if momma isn't happy then no one's happy.:D