$50 Amazon GC whenyou buy a Wii and Wii fit plus w/balance board

ourhappyfamily4

$50 Amazon.com Gift Card with Wii and Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board

Pad your holiday spending budget with a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card* when you purchase Nintendo's Wii console along with a Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board. Wii Fit Plus includes new fitness games in addition to all of the games that came with the original Wii Fit game. The Wii Balance Board is compatible with other great games (sold separately), so you'll get one of the hottest accessories, plus a Wii console, and $50 in future savings to boot.

Offer valid on Nov. 16, 2009, 12:01 AM - Nov. 22 11:59 PM Pacific time, when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per customer. To qualify, check out with all three of the items below in your cart. The price of the gift card will be discounted during check out.

*See rules and restrictions.

Be sure to check back tomorrow for another deal, as we continue to countdown to Black Friday.

http://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b/ref=amb_link_86002551_2?tag=slickdeals&ie=UTF8&node=409566

Edited by ourhappyfamily4

Well I ordered it. It came to $307.50 with taxes plus I will get the $50.00 GC. I hope this was a good deal. I looked at Wal-mart and there wii fit plus was $10.00 more and they were only offering a $25.00 gc. Please someone tell me this was a good deal!!:)

I bought it too. Hubby is on his way to Walmart to return the Walmart bundle :) This deal saved me $50 over the walmart deal with the $25 ecard. That's enough for a new game. :)

my total would come out to $289.98 (plus no tax..so that's an extra $25 savings that I would essentially "not have to pay for")

plus a $50 GC to boot? This is a better deal IMHO.

How much was your walmart price (including tax)?

It would have been $319.69 so I saved about $12.00 and plus I will get a $50gc instead of $25gc.

How come some you don't have to pay tax? I don't want to pay tax:)

my total would come out to $289.98 (plus no tax..so that's an extra $25 savings that I would essentially "not have to pay for")

How much was your walmart price (including tax)?

My total at Walmart was 316.13 with $25 ecard making it 291.13. Amazon would be total 289.99 for me. So, only a difference of $1.14.

amazon and other online retailers don't charge tax on states they don't have warehouses/stores in. there's no store in CA so no tax :) (but I have to say that Federal laws require you to place it on your tax forms every tax season ;) )

and I think your math would be a bit wrong (sorry) but if you compare total value and net price you'll see a BIG difference.

WALMART: $199.99 + $89.99 for $316.13(including tax) net pay and you get $25 e-GC to spend.

AMAZON: $199.99 + $89.99 for $289 net pay and you get $50 e-GC to spend.

even with tax, you end up paying the same amount at both places but you get a bigger GC value at amazon.

I originally thought so but when I ordered it is the 289.99 - 50 for 239.99 plus $50 for the GC. You get $50 off the bundle but have to pay $50 for the GC.

the reason for that is because Nintendo and Apple (and others) do not allow retailers to advertise their items for less than the suggested retail price so you have to add to cart the items you want and only in their cart they can modify the price of the item to (in essence) give you a free $50 GC. yes, you are essentially paying for the $50 GC but you get a lower price on the system bundle (which might lower tax)

but the savings are determined in your total out of pocket and what you get to spend after your out of pocket is finished ($25 vs $50)

HTH :)

I originally thought so but when I ordered it is the 289.99 - 50 for 239.99 plus $50 for the GC. You get $50 off the bundle but have to pay $50 for the GC.

I don't understand what you saying about paying for th gc. This is my order and total

Subtotal of Items: $339.98

Shipping & Handling: $13.97

Super Saver Discount: -$13.97

Promotion Applied: -$50.00

------

Total before tax: $289.98

Estimated Tax: $17.52

------

Total for this Order: $307.50

1 "Wii"

Video Game; $199.99

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

1 "Amazon.com $50 Gift Card (0109)"

Paper Gift Certificate; $50.00

Sold by: ACI Gift Cards, Inc.

Shipping estimate for these items: November 23, 2009 1 "Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board"

Video Game; $89.99

My total at Walmart was 316.13 with $25 ecard making it 291.13. Amazon would be total 289.99 for me. So, only a difference of $1.14.

also, if you think of how much you paid for the system bundle by itself (if including the price of the GC like you did) then...

at Walmart you paid $316.13-$25=$291.13

at amazon you would pay $289.98-$50=$239.98

I really hate spending more $$ than necessary so I truly want you to get the best deal! :yup:

:gdiagree:

This is exactly why I jumped on this deal ... was really looking for a good deal and for me, this was the best way to go! I plan on using the $50 GC to buy the Wii Play w/ extra remote and an extra nunchuck which I was going to buy anyway! :g_dance:

amazon and other online retailers don't charge tax on states they don't have warehouses/stores in. there's no store in CA so no tax :) (but I have to say that Federal laws require you to place it on your tax forms every tax season ;) )

I don't know how that works, but there is a warehouse 2 hours from me in the same state and I have never been charged tax.

Are we sure this promo is for today only (as stated in the thread title?) The description says it's valid Nov. 16th-22nd.

I'm trying to decide if I should do this now or wait a few days to see if Walmart happens to really do the $100 gift card thing. I doubt they do it, but just in case....

also, if you think of how much you paid for the system bundle by itself (if including the price of the GC like you did) then...

at Walmart you paid $316.13-$25=$291.13

at amazon you would pay $289.98-$50=$239.98

I really hate spending more $$ than necessary so I truly want you to get the best deal! :yup:

This is what I originally though but that's not what happened when I bought it so I cancelled it. I only save the 1.

This is what I originally though but that's not what happened when I bought it so I cancelled it. I only save the 1.

BUT you'd have $50 to spend compared to $25. With the $291 walmart price, it's as if you used the $25 to pay towards the system (to reduce the bundle price) and would still have the GC to use but with the amazon deal, the $50 is out of mind since it was already reduced in the bill. I was only showing what your net cost of the items would be since you did that same analogy for the Walmart deal. To many, it would cause confusion on what they are actually saving. That's why I recommend seeing what your out of pocket is and what your net GC value would be.

If you feel it's the best value for you, then I commend you :)

Edited by KoopawnKode
adding for clarification

Are we sure this promo is for today only (as stated in the thread title?) The description says it's valid Nov. 16th-22nd.

I'm trying to decide if I should do this now or wait a few days to see if Walmart happens to really do the $100 gift card thing. I doubt they do it, but just in case....

OOPS My mistake it DOES say that it is valid on Nov. 16, 2009, 12:01 AM - Nov. 22 11:59 PM Pacific time, when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, You are right.

I guess when i read the offer i had forgotten that once i read the last sentence that says..Be sure to check back tomorrow for another deal, as we continue to countdown to Black Friday. So i was thinking it was only good for today, and then tomarrow it would change to a different sale.

As far as Walmart goes... i HOPE that they do a sale between now and BF for just the wii... but I don't think they will. But we can still hope.

well, there is a chance that amazon means that this is available for only one day and their wording is not very clear (because of the "check back tomorrow") so if anyone does purchase this tomorrow or any day that it claims it should be valid and does not get a $50 GC for it, be sure to take a screen shot of the website today to show proof that it DID say that the deal was valid until the posted date.

their customer service is superb (IMHO :) ) and they should give you the $50 GC or price adjust something to make up for it. That's what they typically have done with their own mistakes.

I read the rules and restrictions and decided not to wait. They definitely give themselves an out with "Amazon reserves the right to cancel anytime" and "Offer good while promotional item supplies last." Anyway...here they are.

To receive the Gift Card with Purchase of Promotional Item(s):

1. Add the promotional item(s) and Gift Card described in the promotion to your Shopping Cart in one of two ways:

-Via the “Add both to Cart” button in the promotion description, OR

-Via the “Add to Shopping Cart” button on each respective product information page.

2. When you are finished shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button.

3. The Gift Card promotion value will be reflected at checkout.

4. Upon completion of the purchase, in accordance with the promotion, the Gift Card will be mailed to the physical address designated by you at checkout through your Amazon account.

Terms and Conditions:

-Gift Card restrictions apply. For gift card terms and conditions see www.amazon.com/gc-legal.

-Promotional offer limited to one Gift Card per customer.

- The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.

- If you do not purchase the promotional item(s) added to your Shopping Cart when the promotion is in effect, the Gift Card offer will not apply.

- The promotion applies only to qualifying promotional items displaying the offer message on their product information pages.

- The promotion applies only to products sold by the seller indicated in the offer message. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers. For example, if the promotion applies to cookware offered by Amazon.com, the same cookware offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website (e.g. Macy’s, Target, etc.) do not qualify.

- Unless the promotion indicates otherwise, it may not be combined with other offers.

- All qualifying promotional item(s) must be purchased in one order and shipped to a single address to qualify for the Gift Card.

- If you return any of the promotional item(s), we will subtract the value of your Gift Card from your return credit.

- Shipping and handling charges apply to all products.

- Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.

- Offer good while promotional item supplies last.

-Void where prohibited.

-If you remove any of the promotional item(s) from your Shopping Cart or violate any of the terms and conditions listed above, the promotion will be invalid, and the Gift Card offer will not apply.