Does anyone other then me, think that Best Buy Ad isn't that great??

Cremer83

this is the biggest disappointment ever... How could the people at best buy that actually created this ad think "o this will be a great ad for black friday, lets drop the prices by 50 bucks, surely people would luv to camp-out in the could on thanksgiving to save 50 or 60 bucks " what a bunch of idiots ...... I'm just mad:splat:

This is actually the first year I'm thinking about going to Best Buy. However, it's only because I'm down to just needing Blu-Ray's and they have 2 as doorbusters which Target won't PM. I'm still hoping to find as good or better deals online, but I may be there this year.

Considering my unexpected surgery I was so upset that our yearly camp out at BB was going to be canceled but now I am not as upset considering once again 2 years in a row now NOTHING special :(

I was so excited about the 99. net-book rumors that I did not even let myself think about that fact that they were JUST remorse ... we need 3 of them so I was just so READY to go get them. Big disappointment. And we need a CHEAP PC I still have yet to see one that is 200. or under.

It sure does seem like the stores have NO interest in making it into the BLACK anymore on this shopping day.

Another disappointed here! I was really holding out for a $150 netbook....nope....assuming OM holds to their original release, I will be there. Especially as nothing else in the BB ad is screaming to me. Even the DSi bundle, like someone above mentioned, is being offered at Target & Kmart. The only thing that worries me about OM, is that they open so late...so I'm either going to have to have someone wait in line for me there...or send them to do my other shopping.

I really was expecting a $125-$150 netbook. I wanted one for my girl. Keeping my fingers crossed for the "secret sales".

yeah neither have i, it has always been best buy and one year it was CC. does anyuone know if target hands out vouchers like best buy???

Yeah, this is the second year that I will not be camped out at BB (especially since a few other stores are opening earlier and have much better deals).

I have not seen Target hand out vouchers for their deals in the past. It's generally been first come, first served with many of them laid out in pallets in the aisles.

I am disappointed in the tv selection. no lcd tv in the 52 + size' date=' I will have to wait until :( they go on sale when the new models come in[/quote']

I was disappointed in the TV selection too. Looking for a 32" for the bedroom and the cheapest one is a $299 Dynex which was on sale within the last couple months for $299. :confused: I'm hoping that they come out with some good last minute additions like they have the last few years. I want to see a better deal on a NON HP netbook too! I can't believe the best BB could do was $179 for a Compaq netbook when Officemax is gonna have an acer netbook for $149! :confused:

Yeah, this is the second year that I will not be camped out at BB (especially since a few other stores are opening earlier and have much better deals).

I have not seen Target hand out vouchers for their deals in the past. It's generally been first come, first served with many of them laid out in pallets in the aisles.

do they atleast tell u where the stuff is or hand out maps or something?

I was disappointed in the TV selection too. Looking for a 32" for the bedroom and the cheapest one is a $299 Dynex which was on sale within the last couple months for $299. :confused: I'm hoping that they come out with some good last minute additions like they have the last few years. I want to see a better deal on a NON HP netbook too! I can't believe the best BB could do was $179 for a Compaq netbook when Officemax is gonna have an acer netbook for $149! :confused:

I have the Dynex from last year when it was $100 higher and a doorbuster! It has been a great bedroom TV, the wifey loves it!:D

Let's all admit that we are spoiled, and for those who are truly not needful of anything, just wait a couple of years until all of your toys break, and then you will be set, and your anticipation will once again be renewed like mine was, after taking a couple of years off. It always seems to be relative to what you are truly needful for. Most of us have everything we need anyway, and only budge when the deals are too good to pass up. take a close look at the pricing schemes and the quality of the items from up to five years back, and you will see that the situation is not that much different, with a few exceptions being the Secret sales. if best buy had not done that, the two years prior to last year's sales would have been a bust also.

Let's all admit that we are spoiled, and for those who are truly not needful of anything, just wait a couple of years until all of your toys break, and then you will be set, and your anticipation will once again be renewed like mine was, after taking a couple of years off. It always seems to be relative to what you are truly needful for. Most of us have everything we need anyway, and only budge when the deals are too good to pass up. take a close look at the pricing schemes and the quality of the items from up to five years back, and you will see that the situation is not that much different, with a few exceptions being the Secret sales. if best buy had not done that, the two years prior to last year's sales would have been a bust also.

Sorry, not buying your explanation or reasoning.

Why?

Outside of last year, which was a bad year all around for all the stores, previous years, besides the "secret" sales at BB, et al, there were tremendous bargains.

Consider BB and desktops: (All listed below were front page doorbusters...not secret sales)

'07........eMachines Celeron Desktop w/ 17" LCD & All-in-One Printer - $199.97

'06........eMachines Desktop Celeron-D Deskop with 15" LCD - $189.97

'05........eMachines Celeron Desktop w/ 17" Monitor - $149.99 (Last year for a CRT monitor)

'04........eMachines PC (Celeron 2.66GHz, 17" CRT, 512MB, 80GB, DVD/CD-RW) - $199.98 AR (Last year BB had rebates with doorbusters)

Circuit City and CompUSA had similar sales, but involving rebates, on similarly spec'd systems.

The desktop systems, used as an example, are some of what used to drive people to stand in line for hours upon hours, waiting for the sale. This type of sale this year, just as last year, seems lacking at any store....again.

If anything, assembling a cut rate desktop is cheaper than ever.....dual core processors are at rock bottom prices, and that's consumer street prices. Hard drive prices have similarly dropped by large amounts.

And when you consider the OEM's are paying a fraction of what we pay for each and every part, including the OS (MS's standard volume price for OEM's for OS's is $25/license in bulk), then it'd be horribly simple to piece together a dual core, 2GB RAM, 250GB hd, DVD-RW system for less than $200. (I see Fry's selling a cpu/motherboard combo for $60 or less every week....and remember, that's the consumer price, not what the OEM/manufacturer pays for it.)

And while it's true LCD TV's are at a really good price this year, again, remember LCD's have been steadily dropping in price each and every year, so much so that the sale prices in some cases have already been seen earlier this year.....as with the BB Dynex 32" for instance.

And while it's true that some of the large 40"+ screen LCD TV's have some huge markdowns, those TV's are not what create the lines.....it's the low end, super low prices that everyone can afford, not the $999 after markdown TV's that a few can afford, esp. in today's economy.

In all, this year and last year have been disappointing in the pricing.

I personally think it was a mistake of BB to release the $249 laptop early.....should have saved it and splashed it front page on their BF ad as a doorbuster for $229...it would really have drawn in crowds.

Desktop compters, laptops, almost everything electronic-based has dropped in price every year, but this year the crop of sales is lacking. It almost seems the "everyday" price at some stores is almost better than what BB is doing for a sale.....I look at MicroCenter and their $299 Acer laptop, which is their routine price for it.

Best Buy and most of the other stores probably just figure that everyone's so 'trained' now to show up in the wee hours for Black Friday, they really don't have to offer much in the way of bargains. I agree that this year's ad is VERY mediocre, but I bet people will still camp out 12+ hours anyway. BB has been an absolute madhouse the past few BFs, with people camping out almost all day beforehand, so what's the incentive for BB to further lower their margins?

I have been first or second in line at BB for the past 4 years, Its tradition almost at this point, ive saved money all year long, waiting for blackfriday camping.... this year, its not worth my time... best buy is a huge disappointment to me this year !

Not even a cheap desktop deal... or cheap laptop deal.... whats up with that ?

If walmarts ad is junk this year too, im not doing any Blackfriday shopping ! Not worth it !

i may not anyways, I like the way bestbuy does their Blackfriday setup with the vouchers and such.... i dont like the fact that i could be first in line and not get the items i came for !

I'm still torn as the only item worth getting is a new digital camera. But is it really worth standing in line 3 hours early? I don't see a big enough deal to warrant it. But it is probably going to be my last Black Friday soooo I dunno. Maybe I can find a good deal on a digital camera before or after BF?

Yea, Totally Disappointed. I was really looking forward to seeing how much the Samsung - 40" Class / 1080p / 120Hz / LED-LCD HDTV - was going to be, but they are only selling the 46" for 1600, which would mean the 40" would have been around $1100-1300.

Now my best bet is Sears, extremely disappointing though. Although I was looking forward to some PS3 Deals also, and I see it's being sold for $300 plus two games, which seems like an alright deal.

Question, How quick do consoles sell out? I'm not about to wait online all night for one, i'd rather drive to the store around 4-5am. What are my chances?

Why?

Outside of last year, which was a bad year all around for all the stores, previous years, besides the "secret" sales at BB, et al, there were tremendous bargains.

Consider BB and desktops: (All listed below were front page doorbusters...not secret sales)

'05........eMachines Celeron Desktop w/ 17" Monitor - $149.99 (Last year for a CRT monitor)

'04........eMachines PC (Celeron 2.66GHz, 17" CRT, 512MB, 80GB, DVD/CD-RW) - $199.98 AR (Last year BB had rebates with doorbusters)

shoot i love emachines my last 2 desktop were both emachines and had no problem with eiter. i wish someone had a desk top for 150

Why?

Circuit City and CompUSA had similar sales, but involving rebates, on similarly spec'd systems.

The desktop systems, used as an example, are some of what used to drive people to stand in line for hours upon hours, waiting for the sale. This type of sale this year, just as last year, seems lacking at any store....again.

If anything, assembling a cut rate desktop is cheaper than ever.....dual core processors are at rock bottom prices, and that's consumer street prices. Hard drive prices have similarly dropped by large amounts.

And when you consider the OEM's are paying a fraction of what we pay for each and every part, including the OS (MS's standard volume price for OEM's for OS's is $25/license in bulk), then it'd be horribly simple to piece together a dual core, 2GB RAM, 250GB hd, DVD-RW system for less than $200. (I see Fry's selling a cpu/motherboard combo for $60 or less every week....and remember, that's the consumer price, not what the OEM/manufacturer pays for it.)

And while it's true LCD TV's are at a really good price this year, again, remember LCD's have been steadily dropping in price each and every year, so much so that the sale prices in some cases have already been seen earlier this year.....as with the BB Dynex 32" for instance.

And while it's true that some of the large 40"+ screen LCD TV's have some huge markdowns, those TV's are not what create the lines.....it's the low end, super low prices that everyone can afford, not the $999 after markdown TV's that a few can afford, esp. in today's economy.

In all, this year and last year have been disappointing in the pricing.

I personally think it was a mistake of BB to release the $249 laptop early.....should have saved it and splashed it front page on their BF ad as a doorbuster for $229...it would really have drawn in crowds.

Desktop compters, laptops, almost everything electronic-based has dropped in price every year, but this year the crop of sales is lacking. It almost seems the "everyday" price at some stores is almost better than what BB is doing for a sale.....I look at MicroCenter and their $299 Acer laptop, which is their routine price for it.

Thank you for going to great length to prove my point! If you think that Celeron computers are the Bees Knees, than you have my sympathy! (Meant for everyone)Stop shopping the internet and get up, put some clothes on, and get out there and check the actual store pricing, and check for differences between the same brands, models, etc. It isn't a shocker that some deals will be found outside of Black Friday.:smart: EMachines also has the lowest reliability rating and return rate in the business. These throwaway computers were part of the reason that best Buy changed they way that they do business. I see fewer students out here now, and i am happier for it, because they will not be buying a piece of junk which will clunk out on them.