A really stupid Knex toy question, but I'm clueless...

stacya

OK, so my oldest ds came home from school and wants Knex, because they play with them in his kindergarten class...we have a 5 month old, and I know they have small parts, but my boys play with Legos, and we will be extra cautious...but I thought Knex had magnets, and I won't risk that with my baby who will be getting to the point where everything goes in her mouth...but before I say no completely, can someone tell me if they have magnets or not?

TIA!

How old is DS? My DS was 8 last year when he got the roller coaster one. After about 20 min he was bored and I ended up putting the whole thing together myself! It took hours over days and weeks and when I was finally done it was kinda cool but...now what do I do with it! It ended up getting broken by another kid that was over the house and I couldn't get it back together so I took it apart and will never put it back together. Oh sorry back to your original question...no magnets, very small parts! ;)

How old is DS? My DS was 8 last year when he got the roller coaster one. After about 20 min he was bored and I ended up putting the whole thing together myself! It took hours over days and weeks and when I was finally done it was kinda cool but...now what do I do with it! It ended up getting broken by another kid that was over the house and I couldn't get it back together so I took it apart and will never put it back together. Oh sorry back to your original question...no magnets, very small parts! ;)

DS will be 6 in January...I wouldn't get him anything really elaborate, I see Amazon has a tub of them for like $14, so probably just something like that...he's already getting a bunch of Legos for Christmas that I'm afraid will all end up mixed together, and I really don't want to have to separate a million Knex things from them, too...

Thanks for all of the info (including letting me know they are passable, LOL!) Guess he can have them, if he wants them!

My 6yr old son has asked for K'nex for X-Mas as well. I will only buy the tubs not the large sets and after reading what the others have said, I don't think I'll ever buy the larger ones. We're getting the Creepy Crawler tub http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10196651. I won't invest money in something like Lego's (which he also wants) until he can prove that he can keep the little pieces of the K'Nex picked up.

My 6yr old son has asked for K'nex for X-Mas as well. I will only buy the tubs not the large sets and after reading what the others have said, I don't think I'll ever buy the larger ones. We're getting the Creepy Crawler tub http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10196651. I won't invest money in something like Lego's (which he also wants) until he can prove that he can keep the little pieces of the K'Nex picked up.

I saw this one, and it looks cute...I'm thinking that's the one he's going to get, too...he has cousins who are into Legos, and once McD's had them in their happy meals a couple of months back, that was all it took for that obsession to take root...now if I can just convince him that he MUST keep the pieces for each individual set together, I'll be happy!

my older son loved these, he would sit for hours and make things, one year he made turkeys for the table, They do make a bigger Knex where the pieces are not so small

Good to know! I'll have to do some more research then...thanks!!