Rock Band wii-- which one?

My parents are asking for wish lists and I'm thinking this could be a great family gift as we already have wii and the kids love using wii music.

Now the question is which one? What are the pros/cons of the various versions out there now? Not sure which one is best bang for your buck, equipment included, etc.

TIA!

fwiw, I have GH ps2 and (Beatles) RB Wii, for me by far Rock Band is the choice. Mainly because I can sing songs I'm more familiar with. It also allows 2 and 3 part harmony and you can visually see how well your pitch is. Quick answer, GH is more head-to-head gameplay whereas RB is teamwork based. gl

yah, I think we want RB since we have small kids. I think it would be more fun for us to do as a group. But I'm not really sure what the dif. between RB2 and Beatles version is. You can't really buy RB1 anymore right?

FWIW, I love the Beatles, but DH, not so much. He's more of a hard rock guy. Maybe we'll have to get GH too ;)

I actually have Rockband 2 and Beatles Rockband.

No question, go with Rockband 2. If you are connected to the Internet you can buy songs for $2, instead of buying tge entire track packs for $20-30.

If you get Beatles, you can play Beatles songs only. No downloading of other bands.

Thanks for the info!

Also wondering, about the equipment. Is one better than the other? I don't care about the logos.

I don't know how old your kids are but my 10 yr old son just came back yesterday afternoon from a friend's house where he played the lego rock band for Wii. He loved it and wants one for Christmas. Only problem was we didn't own rock band. But as I posted in online deals I happened to find Rock Band 2 for Wii at Walmart last night clearanced for $80.

I was also debating which set to get, Guitar Hero or Rock Band, and which version of either but the availability of lego rock band along with the clearance of rock band 2 made the decision for me.

Gchase, an extra guitar for Rock Band is 58.49 now on Amazon. Don't know if you can find them for less anywhere.

Does anyone know if you can buy just the Beatles Rock band game to play with other rock band sets?

I don't know how old your kids are but my 10 yr old son just came back yesterday afternoon from a friend's house where he played the lego rock band for Wii. He loved it and wants one for Christmas. Only problem was we didn't own rock band. But as I posted in online deals I happened to find Rock Band 2 for Wii at Walmart last night clearanced for $80.

I was also debating which set to get, Guitar Hero or Rock Band, and which version of either but the availability of lego rock band along with the clearance of rock band 2 made the decision for me.

Gchase, an extra guitar for Rock Band is 58.49 now on Amazon. Don't know if you can find them for less anywhere.

Does anyone know if you can buy just the Beatles Rock band game to play with other rock band sets?

I looked for the RB on clearance at Walmart, but we didn't have it. They do sell the Beatles game on it's own.

Hate to muddy the water but still not sure what to buy. We don't own a Wii but will be getting our girls one for Christmas - ages 16 & 10. I found Guitar Hero World Tour for $109.99 at Amazon with an additional $20 off with coupon. Now does that make it a better deal than Rock Band II?

Hate to muddy the water but still not sure what to buy. We don't own a Wii but will be getting our girls one for Christmas - ages 16 & 10. I found Guitar Hero World Tour for $109.99 at Amazon with an additional $20 off with coupon. Now does that make it a better deal than Rock Band II?

not sure if you have a big lots near you but they have this deal going this week:

Guitar Hero World Tour for Nintendo Wii

includes game, wireless guitar & accessories

Valid 11/17/09 - 11/22/09

We have ALL the GHs for the Wii.... we liked that series... HOWEVER, we really like my brother's Rockband, and the downloadable songs, and now with the Beatles it's a no brainer. So I know we will be dorks with two band kits... oh well..

So I've seen the Rockband2 band kit for $99.... then we were going to buy the Beatles game for $59.

what if any, better deals out there for Rockband2 on the xbox360???