Walmart Taking Steps To Prevent Another Black Friday Trampling

georgiapeach717

I was told there are three trucks coming to my walmart today tomorrow and thursday with nothing but BF items.. the lady i spoke with said she knows theres at least 75 DS's and she said the blue ray players looked like at least 30 or so, plus another pallet that was covered right next to it that she though may have been them as well

The Walmart I went to last year had the best system, IMO. It's a Supercenter, and while I showed up at 1AM fully prepared to wait outside in line, they remained open. They had most of the smaller items out (some on special endcaps/displays), and the big ticket items were wrapped in pallets and lines had formed at each one. Luckily we didn't need any large items, so we were done with our WM shopping by about 3AM. We parked our cart in one of the checkout registers, and had a good time chatting with line neighbors, and more importantly being WARM!

At 5AM the registers opened, and the associates (at least 2 per big item) opened the pallets and handed the items out to people in line in a nice orderly fashion. No running, screaming, or shoving. :)

this is what I am hoping to encounter!

I just got back from my last minute thanksgiving dinner trip, but while I was there I made my way through the toys section and came upon 2 associates talking. I asked them where they thought the $88 barbie jeeps would be, and neither one of them had a clue. They went on and on about how Wal-mart had hired the same security company that does events such as the Super Bowl, and that 52 security officers would be in our store. They said that they thought tickets would be handed out for everything. However, while checking out the cashier said that tickets would only be handed out for the big items, like tv's, cameras, etc. So I'm not sure that even then employees at my store have any idea how this will be handled. I'm thinking it's probably going to be a disaster. So good luck to all of you that will be braving the chaos. I'll be right there with you!!!!